Design help

That's a total loss. You cant save anything. Even if there is no concrete collar it is still a nightmare to put pool in the the same spot. When you say you got engineering what does that mean? A pool kit has its own engineering plans usually 500 at the max. Were you planning on tackling this yourself?

That's a huge job. Think of it this way
...it would be less work to have a yard full if grass and dirt and start fresh. I know it's hard to beleive but it honestly is. Replacing a steel wall pool in same spot is almost impossible. Must go bigger too

After meeting with pool builder last night looks like will be going with them. How ever still not sure on their sanitation methods. I feel like I got more questions than answers. They recommending a DEL OZONE 50 APG ozone generator. I would like salt and been trying to research del ozone system and can’t really find much. Does anyone uses this? Pump,filter,heater automation is all settle just the question of which system is more recommended, safer, and less maintenance. Thanks again.

Here are couple of links for you:

PLEASE do not let him push you to get something you do not want. You are the owner of the pool and wallet. Get what you want after doing your research.

Kim:kim:

I LOVE that design! It is the BEST design for everyone! The foot is the Watermelon Ball game (look for it! BEST pool game out there!) and the leg for swimming and cannon balls and jumping!!

So tell us what they are going to do-fill it and redig it? Try to use any of old pool?

What are the depths going to be? What kind of pool? Plaster or vinyl?

Equipment? Make sure you have the model numbers to go with it all so we can make sure it is big enough for you pool.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Equipment will be Jandy cv460 Cartridge filter
Jandy VSo pro pump
Nature 2 saltwater sanitizer. Will have to remove the mineral cartridge like some done here.
400k Jandy natural gas heater
Aqua link intelligent pool control. With 3 valve actuator. We were thinking of laminars but if budget allows we may get a stone waterfall by the deep end. Waiting on permits thanks to covid 19 it’s taking twice as long. And even if they got permit can’t start till hopefully May 15 due to lock down in New York for non essential workers. Open to any suggestions.

I need help with a question me and my wife have. I call to call to find out the status on the permits and they were approved. Now the question is who pays for the permit feed. We gave a deposit and we were told by the sales guy the deposit would go to permits and what ever else. Now the owner is telling us the they only cover the first 100 dollars and the fees is 255. What should I do or who should pay for the permit feed? Thank you

Ok construction is finally set to start Monday. Excavation is scheduled for Monday and pool delivery Wednesday or Thursday. It’s going to be salt pool and wanted to know what chemicals I should stock and which test kit I should get? And how do I get it from here? Kim may be you could help me with the. Thank you all for the help

Here is your shopping list:

-Test kit- TF-100 with the salt test and speed stir from here: Pool Finish and Color Viewing Room...TFP Member Sound Off TFTestkits.net

-Find YOUR best buy for liquid chlorine. Mine is the ACE Hardware up the road a bit. Some it is their closest pool store (only think you will want to buy from them). Others get it from Walmart in the pool area. It is labeled "pool shock" and comes in a white jug. Lowes and Home depot carry it also BUT use care and learn how to read the date codes as they tend to have old stock some time.

-powder CYA aka stabilizer-can be found at Walmart or any of the above stores.

-Pool Math app as seen here: PoolMath

-LOOK for but do not buy muriatic acid just in case you need it. We will know when you test your water.

-Dollar Store shopping- two 2 cup PLASTIC measuring cups. One is for muriatic acid and the other is for all other chemicals. A white plastic plate to hold up behind your pH tube to help you color match.

Does your pool come with a net, pole, vacuum hose/head?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.