Deep cleaning a DE filter!

Algee, can I ask you how you have been sanitizing your pool since you started taking care of it? Have you been using tablets in a floater or in the skimmer?

I have read this entire post and your sanitizing method could be one of your biggest hurdles to get back on track this season.
I have been using Biogaurd silkgaurd in the skimmer, adding liquid chlorine when my cheep test kits said to and using Biogaurd shock if needed.

I have been using Biogaurd silkgaurd in the skimmer, adding liquid chlorine when my cheep test kits said to and using Biogaurd shock if needed.
Ok. Not real familiar with that, but it seems to have clarifiers and CYA in each tablet. Clarifiers could be a reason your DE filter is clogging. You should stop using them and just use Liquid Chlorine, found at Walmart or Lowes. You may, once you receive your test kit, have to drain and refill if your CYA levels are too high. Too much CYA will make your Chlorine ineffective. You should read up on CYA on this site.

Reactions: 69algee
Ok. Not real familiar with that, but it seems to have clarifiers and CYA in each tablet. Clarifiers could be a reason your DE filter is clogging. You should stop using them and just use Liquid Chlorine, found at Walmart or Lowes. You may, once you receive your test kit, have to drain and refill if your CYA levels are too high. Too much CYA will make your Chlorine ineffective. You should read up on CYA on this site.
A complete drain and refill?

A complete drain and refill?
It depends on how high the CYA is. It's the backbone of the whole shebang. With, say, a 120 CYA........ a 50% drain is manageable after with mildly high CYA. The drain % needed at 200+ pretty much dumps the pool.

• Wow
Reactions: 69algee
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.