Decisions: Size, shape, placement

scout123

Bronze Supporter
Feb 18, 2018
Northwest GA
How did you decide? I'm having a difficult time deciding between a 27' round and a 15X30X54 oval. The oval could be placed in front of my existing covered deck and I could easily remove the railing and continue the deck out to the pool. The round would have to be placed off to the side of the deck, and I'm not sure how I'd deck it. Here's a pic of the back of my house. The oval would run the length of the covered deck to the end of the house. (I don't want to center it off my house bc there's a huge tree on the left side of my yard that overhangs a good bit and I don't want any part of the pool under it) The round would be off to the right side (if you click the image you can see the sand where my 12' intex used to be, which is where the 27' will be) and would extend well past the end of the house. I think the oval would look better, but the round is almost twice as big....Opinions?
IMG_4294.jpg

Round! Go for the bigger size for sure!

As for decking around it you can just do a deck on one part of it. Make sure it is big enough to put 2 comfy chairs and a small table for drinks for watching the kids in the pool!

Kim:kim:

I marked my yard for the 27' round today. It looks massive, but I think that's the one I'll choose. I can extend my deck down the back of my house and up to the pool, which should give me enough room for a few lounge chairs. I have an installer of Wilbar Optimum pools coming out this week to look at my yard and get together a quote.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.