DECIDED ON INTEX! Suggestions Wanted - Intex XTR vs "Real" AGP

THIS IS TERRIBLE ADVISE! You never, ever open any new line of credit until after the closing of your house sale! Doing so can and has caused sales to collapse by the bank retracting the mortgage!

Ha ! Sorry. Forgot the whole buying the house thing. That was like pages ago. Look up the Mastercard FAQ online. I bought a fridge in June on my Disco and found out afterwards they stopped extending the Warranty. So I looked up the Visa and they still did. If Intex upped their warranty then great !

Quick search says MC has 2 year warranty help. Double check your specific card though. Some of the perk cards have more/less

The Citi card we have dropped warranty extension. So it would only be the basic Mastercard provided benefits. That appears to be up to 2 years extension, but only up to twice the manufacture warranty. Still, that's enough to get into the It also covers only up to the amount paid for the item. So they won't buy a $1100 pool to replace one we got on clearance for $400. Seems like in that case they may refund the purchase price, but they could decide to replace it with a smaller pool instead...

That was like pages ago.
Fair enough!

Okay, so I ordered it, and WTF is this? It says my order includes three pools, at absurdly low prices. This seems very much like it's indicating I'm not going to get what I think I'm going to get. I do know the bigger pools come in more than one box, could that be it?

Sketchy pool order.png

I'm also guessing it would be easy enough to argue for a refund if what comes in is not a 26' x 54" pool, especially for in store pickup when I haven't even gotten the item. So stick with it and see what happens, or back out now before the order is locked in?

More info: The confirmation email listed the same pools and prices as this confirmation website, with clickable links. Each link leads to an error page though, but appears to have once pointed to a page selling that sort of pool. Links:
I ran into the same problem looking for intex pools a few years ago. Intex website doesn't list their biggest pools and the ones they list are 4x the price of walmart. I have an old thread following the price of the 26' pool at walmart over the course of a year and their price jumps all over the place. If you wait too long in a month or 2 it could be over $1000. I got mine for around 600 i think??? The price is legit and the best I've ever seen.
I'm blaming @krazykrames if this goes wrong. :poke: On the other hand, if a weird system glitch means I get not one, but three pools at ridiculously low prices, I'll need to ship them like multiple cases of beer. :cheers:

But right now I'm just :confused::unsure::confused:

Last edited:
No glitch probably. The prices of the boxes adds up, the frame cost $81, the liner cost $133 and the shell/walls cost $184. All 3 boxes are $399.

Walmart has 19 employees with 10 fingers each. They can only count to 190, Not 400

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats
According to one answer on the FAQ, it ships in three boxes, where I got that number. That makes sense. Liner for one box, since that alone is like 200-250 lbs or so. A box for the filter/pump. And one last box for all the connectors, hoses, covers, and frame pieces.

I do know that when I worked at Lowe's with an old DOS based system special orders with lots of boxes would show up a little funky within the system, at least on our end, so maybe that's what it is...

:unsure: That is either a crazy good deal or a misprint, because according to Intex the biggest round pool Ultra XRT they make is 24' and it costs $1200 plus freight shipping direct from them.

Do you have a link?

the intex website sucks, different every time you check, out of stock or hard to compare parts...I would trust walmart over intex on line for sure.

I ran into the same problem looking for intex pools a few years ago. Intex website doesn't list their biggest pools and the ones they list are 4x the price of walmart. I have an old thread following the price of the 26' pool at walmart over the course of a year and their price jumps all over the place. If you wait too long in a month or 2 it could be over $1000. I got mine for around 600 i think??? The price is legit and the best I've ever seen.
only problem, warranty is from purchase date, not set up date

the intex website sucks, different every time you check, out of stock or hard to compare parts...I would trust walmart over intex on line for sure.
Except did you actually check the link to that specific pool I bought? No manufacture part #, very little description. Mostly just the title, which says it's an Ultra XTR Frame 26' x 54". There's other pools at full price from Intex with full, descriptive pages.

Actually, on re-reading the discription, it does sound like it's an Ultra Frame and not an Ultra XTR Frame. At the price though, that's still fine with me if that were the case.

only problem, warranty is from purchase date, not set up date
If it really is an Ultra XTR frame, it should have a two year warranty (from purchase date), which is nice. Two summers of warranty. It's the only pool they have with a 2 year warranty, all the other models, including the older Ultra Frame (not-XTR), only have the 90 day warranty.

Except did you actually check the link to that specific pool I bought? No manufacture part #, very little description. Mostly just the title, which says it's an Ultra XTR Frame 26' x 54". There's other pools at full price from Intex with full, descriptive pages.

Actually, on re-reading the discription, it does sound like it's an Ultra Frame and not an Ultra XTR Frame. At the price though, that's still fine with me if that were the case.

If it really is an Ultra XTR frame, it should have a two year warranty (from purchase date), which is nice. Two summers of warranty. It's the only pool they have with a 2 year warranty, all the other models, including the older Ultra Frame (not-XTR), only have the 90 day warranty.

I am skeptical of warranties at that price and really nervous about storing for a couple of months. (rodents - ugh, bane of rural life) one issue they occasionally have is bad seams and that can be hard to check until they have water in them. however, I am tempted to get it myself! bigger than I have room for in my yard but I have another spot I could put it. that little dink pump is a joke.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would bet money, or a case of beer, you get what you ordered.

Plus it says sold and shipped by walmart which would give me peace of mind, not some other company which is sometimes the case. Once you see the box in the store you'll know if it's the real deal and if it's not what was advertised they'll refund you.

If you get 3 pools, well...... I like Busch Light ;)

Last edited:
Bring either screenshots or printouts of the pages that said XTR and demand they give you the better pool. You have nothing to lose. Either you get the upgrade or you still get a full blown pool for $400.

But yeah, I would go the whole ‘you have to honor your ad even if it’s a misprint’ route. Chances are the employee will agree.

I am skeptical of warranties at that price and really nervous about storing for a couple of months. (rodents - ugh, bane of rural life) one issue they occasionally have is bad seams and that can be hard to check until they have water in them. however, I am tempted to get it myself! bigger than I have room for in my yard but I have another spot I could put it. that little dink pump is a joke.
Perhaps. But doesn't Walmart buy it from Intex at a negociated price well below retail anyway? I wouldn't be suprised if Walmart bought this from Intex for $400-$600 initially. So Intex has already been paid, and what I paid Walmart for the pool doesn't really matter. They are just looking that the pool isn't 5 years old. Right?

If you get 3 pools, well...... I like Busch Light ;)
Noted! :D

Bring either screenshots or printouts of the pages that said XTR and demand they give you the better pool. You have nothing to lose. Either you get the upgrade or you still get a full blown pool for $400.

But yeah, I would go the whole ‘you have to honor your ad even if it’s a misprint’ route. Chances are the employee will agree.
Honestly, so long as it's the size listed, and all the parts are there and undamaged, I don't think I'll argue over if it's an "Ultra Frame" or an "Ultra XTR Frame". This price is so low it's not even worth it.

I cannot wait until pickup day to hear about what you got! Woohoooooo!

And PS - this group is nothing but enablers ?
Well, we'll all be waiting for about a week. It will likely be next Saturday for pickup.

And I'm learning that!

Reactions: l1ltaral1l
Honestly, so long as it's the size listed, and all the parts are there and undamaged, I don't think I'll argue over if it's an "Ultra Frame" or an "Ultra XTR Frame". This price is so low it's not even worth it

you have nothing to lose by trying and everything to gain if it’s the case. And being firm yet pleasant goes a long way. It’s their policy to honor their mistake if you have proof. as a backup plan you get the lesser pool for a steal.

But doesn't Walmart buy it from Intex at a negociated price well below retail anyway? I wouldn't be suprised if Walmart bought this from Intex for $400-$600 initially

completely possible. But any mega company has the ability to squeeze the manufacturer. Walmart, Target, Home Depot, etc. ‘We won’t sell 17 million of your products if you can’t meet out price point and profit. So they get their own ‘only at XXX model line’. It’s how we got 75 inch Vizio TVs for $600. It also helps them advertise that they will price match the identical models when they are the only ones who sell it.

you have nothing to lose by trying and everything to gain if it’s the case. And being firm yet pleasant goes a long way. It’s their policy to honor their mistake if you have proof. as a backup plan you get the lesser pool for a steal.
Yeah I'm just one of those guys that hates bargaining. And to me, if it's the older Ultra Frame as opposed to the Ultra XTR frame it's still worth it. Again, I'd certainly ask for a different pool or a further discount if I got there and it was say, a 20' pool, or if it was damaged. I suppose I could ask, like you said, it wouldn't hurt.

completely possible. But any mega company has the ability to squeeze the manufacturer. Walmart, Target, Home Depot, etc. ‘We won’t sell 17 million of your products if you can’t meet out price point and profit. So they get their own ‘only at XXX model line’. It’s how we got 75 inch Vizio TVs for $600. It also helps them advertise that they will price match the identical models when they are the only ones who sell it.
Well yes. But I believe the general rule of thumb is that retailers pay about 50-60% of the retail price of a product. Hence if Walmart sells an Intex pool for $1000, they may have paid Intex $500 for that pool.

My point was not the retailer squeezing the manufacture (which certainly happens) but rather to counter the claim that Intex would not warranty a pool sold for this cheap. I said that wouldn't be the case, cause Walmart already paid X to Intex for that pool, so even if Walmart sells it for a loss Intex got paid the same as if Walmart sold it for full retail price, so Intex will honor the warranty either way. (logic aside, honoring warranties on clearance items is required by law unless sold as-is, which isn't allowed in some states).

So, new thread or continue this mega-thread into off-topic territories? I ask as I need recommendations for:
  • Filter and pump
  • Skimmer/cleaning supplies/possibly robots or other floor cleaners
  • Solar covers and maybe reels
  • Solar panels
  • Controller(s)
  • SWCG (seems like Circupool is a good brand for DIY?)
Some of these are related. For example, the pump needed likely depends on the filter and what other things are added, such as the solar panels. Controller would have to be able to handle the pump, SWCG, and solar panels. And so forth.

Note that I will not be buying all of this at once, I just don't want to start buying things only to have to re-buy them when I add something I always planned to add later on. So while I may not have the solar panels and SWCG at the start, I'd want whatever filter/pump I buy to work with solar panels and a SWCG in the future.

For this one I say start a new thread in the under constitution part. Use a good title like "What to buy to up grade a Intex pool?" and make sure to post a link here so those that have enabled you here can cheer you on with the build! WAIT...........might now want any more help from THIS bunch in spending your money LOL

Kim:kim:

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.