De filter issues maybe?

Very plausible.
Do you have a multiport valve? If so, set on recirc and follow the SLAM Process. If not, take the grids out.

After you have a blue and cloudy pool, then when you have time start filtering out. You will backwash alot.

thank you I now have the filter on recirculate as suggested.
this is what I’ve done to date. I have been slamming for over a week.
CYA at the beginning of this time was 50 after repeated filter cleanings and topping water off its at 40.
FC has been between 15 and 22
PH Between 7.2 and 7.5
TA 140 CH 75
We started out with the DE filter then changed to a sand filter because it was clogging up so bad now we are back to the DE filter because the sand filter is doing. We have a single speed motor. Any thing else I should be doing? Or do I just need patience??
Also I have been brushing 3-4 times a day. Pretty sure we have most of the leaves and pine needles out. Again thanks for the help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 5
Stay at it. Any debris in the pool is slowing the progress. Can you vac to waste? Might be worth a try if you believe there is still material in there. Otherwise, test FC and raise back to SLAM level a few times per day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.