DE filter high pressure, no suction on skimmer

PabloS83

May 17, 2020
East Meadow, NY
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a Hayward DE filter that was just cleaned via hose and recharged by my pool guy and everything seemed to be working ok but I went outside to check on everything and the jets were stagnant. I checked the skimmer baskets and there was barely any suction. They were floating.

I stopped the pump for a minute, then turned it back on and it seems to work few a few minutes and then same problem again. We had something similar last year but that was because the filter grids needed a deep cleaning. After that it worked fine for the rest of the season.

This season the pool was pretty green after removing the cover but I feel like that’s how it is every year. The pressure gage is high at about 30 (red line) but I have the pump at max 3450rpm but wondering if it’s even doing anything and maybe I should turn it off until he can come back. Has anyone had something similar to that happen?

Pool guy called me back. Told me to do a partial backwash, only for about a minute as I have no DE on hand and that seemed to work. It's been fine after. Probably too much muck in the initial run. He'll be back tomorrow

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.