D1 hot tub "leak": what is this part called and what is it's function?

mdimi

Sep 6, 2020
New Mexico
Hello community,
I am new to the forum and hope to find an answer to my question. If this is the wrong place for my question, please point me into the right direction.

I have an old Dimension One Spa (model Quadra). I don't know the exact year, but I downloaded an owner's manual for 1998 D1 spas that seems to cover my model. I just started the hot tub up and had to
fix the water release valve and seem to have fixed a slow leak with the fix-a-leak liquid. After this I am still left with a slow drip from a pipe in the pump compartment. This pipe comes out from the body of the hot tub,
extends into the pump compartment and does a 90 degree turn upward. It is open at the top. The tub has two pumps, a circulation pump and a jet pump. When the circulation pump is on water drips from this pipe.
When the jet pump comes on, the drip stops. There is two of these pipes and it is the right one in the picture that has the "leak". Can somebody tell me what this pipe is, what it's function is and why it would drip?

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Attachments

• IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    357.7 KB · Views: 36
Thanks for your reply kimkats. I played with the jet selector valve and it seems to move the drip between the two white tubes. So I think you are right on that it has to do with the jets.

I am missing two jets - they popped out when I started the spa and I haven't replaced them yet (the jet face is broken and I need to order the parts). All jets seem to work fine but when
the jet pump stops and the circulation pump takes over, the FL signal comes on twice (alternating with the temperature display) and then goes away. I primed the pump and all but don't
seem to be able to get that to go away.

Any other ideas would be highly appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.