Cya will not go up

Jun 5, 2019
Michigan
I have a 30000 gallon above ground pool didnt open it last year opened it memorial day of this year after much cleaning and sweeping and refilling etc I was finally able to get a good shock 2 days ago (fc-10, cc-0) I have added 12 pounds of dry cya in the last week using the sock method in front of jet I am ising a new test strip kit to measure all pertinent info but the cya will not ever register. According the the tfp app I have added enough cya to bring the level up above 30. Any ideas as to why this is not reading?
Latest test results from 30 min ago:
Hardness-150
Total chlorine-10
Free chlorine-10
Ph-7.0 ( rained hard all day)
Total acidity - 80
Cya-0
Temp -68

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

The problem is that you are trying to use test strips (which are junk) instead of a proper test kit: Test Kits Compared

Also, we do not "shock" the pool. You should really follow the SLAM Process process through completion so you are starting the season off right.
In reading through the slam procedures thats basically what I have done and am now to the point where I am not losing chlorine the pool is clear my sand filter doesnt have to be backflushed every 3 hrs and all is going good really other than the fact that the test strips dont show any level of cya. Guess i will invest in a taylor but again I assumed that adding the exact amount the app said almost guaranteed that my cya levels would be correct didnt realize the test strips would be that far off

I am sure your CYA is close to 30ppm as the app will get it right ... assuming you have your pool volume correct.

It is also impossible to know when you have passed the CC and OCLT portions of the SLAM process without the FAS-DPD chlorine test.
FYI, the TF-100 is a better value based on frequency of when you need to do the various tests.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.