CYA vial question

Hi all,

My CYA is low, but I can't measure it, as it's all the way to the top of the tube (that's after adding 2lbs 2 days ago) and I still see the dot. We're Slamming the pool and it's still losing a ton of chlorine, so I assume I shouldn't wait the week to get the final CYA number before adding more.

So, assuming I should add more, should I figure it to currently be 20? I don't know what number to start with in order to know how much to add.

Thanks all!

I have no idea where I started at, but it was barely anything. We were blowing through 4 gals of chlorine a day trying to slam it. Now it's about 2. We had a ton of problems with the pool before we tried to get it up and running.

I'd like to have the level around 40. Should I add more? Pool calculator says I should have used 56oz of CYA *IF* my level was 0, but I have no way of knowing whether it was. I just know there isn't enough in there right now, but waiting a week will cause us to use a lot more chlorine than would have otherwise been necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.