CYA-Northeast

NateW18

Aug 6, 2022
Wakefield
Hi All

I live in the Northeast and we’ve got a ton of rain this summer. I’ve actually had to pump water out of the pool on two occasions. Probably a total of 6-7 inches. I tested my CYA this morning and it’s down to about 40. Ideally I should be at 60 correct? I’m assuming the water dilution because of the rain caused the drop. Should I add more CYA? I’m a little worried that I’ll end up adding too much which is a bigger problem then haveing two little in my opinion.

Thanks for help

Let your water circulate and mix for at least 2 days after the rain. If the CYA is still low then add stabilizer using the sock method.

I’m in NY. I will be dumping (pumping) CYA laden water this weekend. Come and get about 12” if you want :). No idea how many gallons but I cannot go below my light. I can refill 1” per hour so that a full day of filling.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.