CYA of 163

Ronson_321

May 12, 2020
Los Angeles
My pool was started to look a little murky so I got a water test done and it shows CYA = 163 (FC =6.12, TC=6.12)

Is my best option to drain some water from the pool and refill or can I recuse the situation in some other way ?
Thanks !!

Rob

Welcome to the forum!
You need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF100. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.
Once you get your kit, run a full set of tests and post them here. We can then provide you guidance on your next steps.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Reactions: mknauss
Welcome to the forum!
You need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF100. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.
Once you get your kit, run a full set of tests and post them here. We can then provide you guidance on your next steps.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
Thanks.

I have 'Poolmaster Essential Collection Chemistry Case (22260) 5-Way Swimming Pool & Spa Water Test Kit' that I bought in 2018. Is that a good option?

Unfortunately, that kit will not test for CYA, nor is it able to test Chlorine at levels > 5 ppm.

In order to follow the pool care protocols that we follow, you'll need to have a test kit that can test CYA and a FAS/DPD chlorine test. Taylor K2006C and the TF100 kits are the only kits that contain all the tests you need with the proper amount of reagents.

You could add the missing tests onto your current kit by purchasing them as stand-alone tests from tftestkits.net. That would get you something in the short term, but it will make purchasing refills a bit more difficult.

Bite the bullet. Get a proper test kit, learn proper chemistry, stay out of pool stores and you'll save so much money, heartache and pain. Or, keep doing what you're doing. The choice is ultimately up to you but I can tell you what I would choose.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.