Current pb design

The thing about Nature 2 and any other mineral based system is there is a very delicate balance to maintain in order for these systems to work. If you get staining you will never collect on the guarantee because the only reason it stained is because you let pH get too high and voided the warranty. I would rather have an inline chlorinator than a mineral system, if they insist you have something.

Reactions: HermanTX
The thing about Nature 2 and any other mineral based system is there is a very delicate balance to maintain in order for these systems to work. If you get staining you will never collect on the guarantee because the only reason it stained is because you let pH get too high and voided the warranty. I would rather have an inline chlorinator than a mineral system, if they insist you have something.
The nature2 has 2 compartments 1 for the mineral cartridge which can be left out and the other one is a chlorine puck feeder.

Reactions: Poolmichael
The largest nature2 fusion only puts out 1.25 lbs/day (but rated for. 40k gal)
Whereas the rj30+ the O.P. Mentioned has an output of 1.5 lbs a day (& rated for 30k gal) the gallon ratings are not apples to apples so looking at output is imperative when shopping around.
Not sure how that compares price wise or with pool volume as it’s not mentioned.

The pb wants to charge me $2500 more to upgrade to pentair swg.
We have tweaked his pool design to get back down to our original budget.
I have found the CircuPool RJ30 Plus swg system online priced around $1100-$1400. I can install this myself in 6 months when the nature 2 cartridge needs to be replaced.
I think this is my present plan.
Based on all of your feedback on this thread have you made any change in your plan?
I know in your other thread for the new construction it was indicated your spouse was wanting to keep the Nature2 to keep it simple and also you were making adjustments to maintain within your budget. Building a pool requires lots of decisions and while some appear simple, it is a monumental stress test.

the $2500 charge from the PB appears to be a price that he is trying to tell you he really does not want to do it but if you insist then he make good profit. He trying to deter you rather than work with you because he is most likely getting some rebate from Jandy/Zodiac/Fluidra to sell the Nature2. Thus he loses that profit and has to make it by marking up the SWCG.

Regardless of what you decide, you have a better understanding of the pros and cons and the forum is always available.

Reactions: Mdragger88
There are ways to hack the nature2 cartridges (I think you just saw the cartridge off from its cap, but don't quote me on that...) such that the system just passes water right through it with no chemical additions. Many, many former Nature2 owners who have come with horribly stained pools or water that has had too much stabilizer added to it from years of cartridge use have done the mod until they could afford to replace the entire unit.

Please review TFP's Pool School as it relates to sanitation options for your pool. You are still in the early phases of your build where you have maximum control over what you can get your builder to do. Many people who are in the depths of a pool build overlook the maintenance part because there's just so much going on that they simply don't have the energy to learn. There's that and the pool builders blowing smoke at them that they're going to build them a "world class pool" "it'll be so easy to manage" "you can just let a pool service company handle it" "pool stores test your water for free and give great advice" .... all of which is total BS. You need to learn now so that you're not one of those pool owners that rolls into TFP 3 years from now with a nasty green pool that has been contaminated with every stupid chemical on the pool store shelf and you're at your wits end ready to hire a backhoe to fill it all in with dirt. Believe me, the nanosecond after you sign that last check to the PB they will forget your name and not give a darn about your "problems". Their job is to sell you a pool and collect the money, they don't care what happens to you after that. The same with pool equipment makers - their motivation is to sell you a product and promise you the world. As you have discerned, their warranties are worth less than the paper they are printed on and, since they are not printed on paper, they are worthless. If you believe that "no copper stains guarantee" from Nature2, then I'm going to PM you later with a sweetheart deal on a bridge in Brooklyn....

Please review Pool School. At the very least, it will make you more informed about pool care. At the top of this thread you used the words "makes me worry about tds levels" ... that right there tells me that you don't have the right information. TDS is meaningless for pool care but pool builders and pool stores love to use that phrase so they can make themselves look like they are smart. SO please read through TFP and ask any questions you like. And be very wary of pool builders advice on sanitation. Pool builders know how to dig a hole in your backyard and put a giant concrete bucket in it and fill it with water ... that's about the extent of their true knowledge. Few, if any, pool builders understand anything about water chemistry.
Ok....thank you.
I do know very little about pool care you are right.
I learned about tds and it's effects on water and the health of people from a podcast interview with a representative of Taylor test kits.
It's a very informative interview covering all aspects of testing.
All i can do is draw from others knowledge because I'm starting from square one.😏

Based on all of your feedback on this thread have you made any change in your plan?
I know in your other thread for the new construction it was indicated your spouse was wanting to keep the Nature2 to keep it simple and also you were making adjustments to maintain within your budget. Building a pool requires lots of decisions and while some appear simple, it is a monumental stress test.

the $2500 charge from the PB appears to be a price that he is trying to tell you he really does not want to do it but if you insist then he make good profit. He trying to deter you rather than work with you because he is most likely getting some rebate from Jandy/Zodiac/Fluidra to sell the Nature2. Thus he loses that profit and has to make it by marking up the SWCG.

Regardless of what you decide, you have a better understanding of the pros and cons and the forum is always available.
We went back with the bigger pool.
The pb lowered the price $5,000 which worked out to about 8% savings but we lost 20% of the pool size. That didn't sit well with us. We got rid of the deck jets. And reduced the size of the decking a little. Saving us a couple thousand.
Yes I'm sure he is getting a rebate. We haven't signed anything as of yet and I am still going to push for a different chlorine or swg system or as was suggested just stump it out and let me install my own.

Reactions: HermanTX

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.