Crystal clear water secret?

I am going to add that it very well could be pollen. It's terrible in ATL right now, and would guess isn't great in FL right now, either. I would suggest running the filter pump for a full 24 hours and see what it looks like...that is if your OCLT passes.

I looked outside yesterday and 1/3 of my water was a murky yellow right below the tree's! it spread out but the whole pool is a little cloudy looking.

Pollen made me think i had real problems many times. Especially when its cloudy/milky. Impossible to tell the difference by eye. The OCLT will tell ya.

For review, here are the three criteria for finishing a SLAM...

1. Your Pool water is crystal clear with no visible sign of algae
2. You passed the OCLT losing not more than 1 ppm of FC
3. Your CC's test is either .5 ppm or 0 ppm.

So, the only questionable item is the "crystal clear" part, right? From you pic, your water looks crystal clear to me. I would let the FC drift down to maintenance level and call it done.

I would also suggest running that VS pump 24/7 at low speed if you are not doing so already.

Yes, water is crystal clear (even clearer than the last photo). When you let the FC drift down, what do you set your SWG at? Do you leave it off until it comes down, run it at a reduced %?

Thanks for the the help!

At FC of 30, I would turn off the SWG for a day. Then turn it down. High FC gets burned off more quickly. Test often to make sure you dont drop too low.

I would also buy a round style brush and brush inside the skimmers, especially the skimmer throat, and inside the light. I also use that brush to get into the corners better. Anywhere there is a not flat surface get it brushed well.

Thats what I would shoot for, since 6ppm was giving you problems. If it makes you feel better, my target is 4-5 on the chart but I'm usually at 7-9 when I test. No chlorine smell, stinging eyes, etc when we use the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In the Lake Mary / Sanford area. The pollen is bad enough that my water looks hazy from time to time right now, especially following a rain. Not sure if this is the same thing you are seeing with "white flakes" but after a rain I'll see some white, foamy stuff that disappears once the pump has been on for a while. I've been running the pump longer when it gets hazy and it eventually clears up. I really think that is what you have going on as well. I'm not seeing unusual FC usage or anything like that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.