Crack in fitting

GMTK

Bronze Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
San Antonio
Just noticed a crack in a fitting that goes in to the filter housing. Leaking pretty bad. Going to call a pool guy tomorrow as I’m leaving town for work for 4 weeks. Is there anything I can use as a short term fix?

Attachments

• B63785EA-F733-438E-9706-FB61F1DC3BE9.jpeg
    B63785EA-F733-438E-9706-FB61F1DC3BE9.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 27
  • D55C4BC8-AA35-4A0F-9782-95FE4BE581C8.jpeg
    D55C4BC8-AA35-4A0F-9782-95FE4BE581C8.jpeg
    490.9 KB · Views: 32
Just noticed a crack in a fitting that goes in to the filter housing. Leaking pretty bad. Going to call a pool guy tomorrow as I’m leaving town for work for 4 weeks. Is there anything I can use as a short term fix?
The only thing that can be done, unfortunately, is A) shut the system down until the repair is made, or B) allow it to drip (not a good idea). A new Hayward bulkhead fitting will be required to be plumbed in. As long as the filter-tank can be moved it is not a particularly difficult repair. A 2" pipe extender and a 2" 90 should be all that is needed. Don't be surprised at the cost of parts and the bulkhead may only be available as a pair.

full

full

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mystery solved. I had my filter housing model wrong. It’s a c5520. So first parts you sent are correct. Ordering now.

Do you think I need the inline hose bib?
That hose bib is usually there to drain excess water, at a rate you can control better, from the pool if needed. Its before the filter so you don't throw away filtered water. It's not bad to have, but if you have never used it, leave it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.