Cover for an in-ground spa

Joyridin

May 28, 2020
S Cal
Greetings

New member, looking for some help with my in-ground Spa. It's a Sundance Tenon that we had installed about 15 years ago and it is still working fine (knock on wood). The original 3 piece factory cover lasted quite a long time, but I bought a replacement cover from a local place about 3 years ago (I think) it is failing badly. The centerpiece looks like it is broken - it think because the foam got waterlogged and the weight pulled it down, and the seams are coming apart

In any case, I was thinking about going with some sort of solid, safety cover instead of the traditional foam type cover. I am kind of overwhelmed by the options and what is available.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
I think putting a safety cover on and off every time you want to use the spa will be a hassle.

@RDspaguy ideas?

I have already contacted poolcoversdirect.com and received a quote on their LoopLoc covers in the $1,000 range for the best cover, so their price seems reasonable even if it only lasts for 6 years. Again, I don't have any experience with the safety covers which is why I am looking for input.

Thanks for your comment

Last edited:
You want to use all the straps if you want a true safety cover to keep kids out.

You have to drill into your deck to install Pool Cover Anchors - Further Reading to connect each strap to. And it takes an installation tool bar to install and remove the spring connected to the strap around the anchor. It will take you at least 15 minutes to install and remove the safety cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.