May 19, 2015
Burbank, California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine

I'm have having issues with my Skimmer Door Weir Flap and Equalizer Assembly

The Skimmer door seems to be getting stuck in a closed position not allowing water to flowing into the skimmer
And the Equalizer Assembly often times drifts off of its o Ring.

I'm thinking both of these can be solved with magic lube? Lube at the ends of the weir flap and lube on the equalizer o ring?

Look carefully at where the side of the weir door is probably contacting the side of the skimmer. Shave down the places where the door is touching the skimmer and hanging up.

I dont understand the equalizer assembly problem to offer a solution.

Look carefully at where the side of the weir door is probably contacting the side of the skimmer. Shave down the places where the door is touching the skimmer and hanging up.

I don't understand the equalizer assembly problem to offer a solution.

equalizer assembly sits at the bottom of the skimmer unit. It sits on an o Ring. That o ring keeps the equalizer assembly in place. After a while, I noticed the the equalizer assembly has lifted off that O-Ring and bumps into the skimmer basket. Rendering the equalizer assembly useless as it just floats between the bottom of the skimmer and the skimmer basket. Until I clean the pool and place it back into the its position.

When I had issues with my pool pump lid not keep air out, it was suggested to use magic lube and it fixed the issues. I'm assuming magic lube is some type of underwater grease. I have never used grease for any house hold applications, I just use lithium lubricates, and I'm not a "car guy". So I don't fully understand all the ins and outs of what grease does.

I was under the assumption that a "lubricant" would solve the weir door issue allowing it to move freely. And since Magic lube is what seems to be used around alot of O rings to increase performance (or something). That would solve my equalizer assembly issue.

I dont understand the equalizer assembly problem to offer a solution.

After reading a bunch of other posts, I understand what you're saying about shaving the sides. But I was under the assumption that the issue was at the connection point to the skimmer.

Specifically here:
bTCOBCY.png

I figured this was causing some friction. And using a lubricant on it would allow it to move freely.
But is it always the case that the issue is the weir is too tight on the skimmer and that's what causes it to lock up into place?

Last edited:
Magic Lube is used to seal O rings and prevent air leak.

You don’t lube the weir door hinge. You need to figure out where the weir door is binding.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.