Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Is this fake or am I being paranoid?

Sorry for the massive pictures but I felt it was important to show detail. Bought this valve off Amazon for about $60 to replace a 20+ year old similar valve where the grease fitting broke off and water is dripping out. The body is heavy and feels "right" but the handle seems a bit off, it feels a bit too flimsy compared to the rest that I have. Also, the font is off and the lowercase 'n' and the lowercase "a" characters are changed to uppercase, but it matches the accompanying paper instructions. The UPC matches up, but the USPC/NSF sticker is falling off after sitting here in a box for a day.

I wasn't able to find any pictures of this handle design with the font changes anywhere, including the product web site (Jandy | Never Lube Valves), and I can't imagine why they would change the font usage, that has to got to be a trademark.

20200708_093020.jpg
20200708_105122.jpg
20200708_103710.jpg20200708_103917.jpg

I would return it to Amazon and move on.

Based on suggestions above I emailed Jandy the picture and my explanation of why I thought it might be a fake via the support link on their web site (not via Amazon). They couldn't answer immediately, asked for receipt and then came back a little later with:

"Yes, the label was redesigned last year and you do have an authentic Jandy valve. I assure you we do go through vigorous testing as well before making these types of changes."

So apparently it's legit!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.