Countdown begins

After adding stabilzer late in the afternoon and discovering a hole in my sock. I realize that it sure dissolves easier in the sock then chasing it around the bottom of the pool tonight brushing like a wild person. And since it’s been the only other addition as far as chemicals and people I have to guess that’s what I’m seeing as particulate in the water tonight when turning on the light. Please excuse the newby pool owner.:shock:

3AFAF6A9-AC28-4F28-8282-D7350F661BDF.jpg

90bf2796-4119-4eae-8d26-127b15862b03

LOL I can just see you running after the loose grains of CYA..............Come back here you!!!

Your are right in thinking this could be from adding the CYA. It takes time and filtering to dissolve all of the way. I will tell you that most people see little particles in their water at night with the light on.

Now jump in and enjoy that pool!!!

Kim;kim:

FC-6.5
pH-7.4
TA-80
CH-125
CYA-50
SALT-3100

Numbers are looking pretty good. Going to be adding CYA to attempt my goal of 60-70- dialed back the SWG from 30 down to 20. pH has only increased .2 in 2 days checking 3 times per day. Bad news is that a tree in the neighbors yard is beginning to lose some leaves and they seem to want to go for a swim. Grrr

Your numbers look great! It took me a week to get my cya up to 70. Now it’s at 60. Grrr. I’ve been adding acid about once a week due to ph climbing

I just changed the pump to 30% for all hours except 10-1 100%. I put on 100% because that’s when the kids like to swim and the water to the slide will work. And the water gets skimmed well.

Thanks much, however I don’t have a percentage input, only 4 speeds. I am certain however, that the speeds can be reset somehow, I do know on speed 1 I get a no-flow light on my SWG. Although my FC is good, I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not to not have flow on the SWG for extended periods. My gut feeling is that it isn’t , but until I get confirmation I’m going to wing it.. wondering how high the Vectren bill is going to be next month.. :eek:

If there is no flow to swg it doesn’t produce FC. So just need to figure out how long to run pump to produce what you need in chlorine. I set mine to percentage because it was easier to think of it that way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks very much @Thasista. I was unaware you had options to change that to percentage. Time for more reading I guess. I’ve actually had no explanation of how any of it works actually.. You would think that they would provide a more of a show and tell kind of tutorial. I’ve had an AG in the past but that was more than a few years back and my how things have changed.

Good Evening all. Well the pool is doing amazing thanks to this site. Performed a thorough brushing of walls and floor from the shallow to the deep end last night in preparation for vacuuming the bottom this morning. Checking the numbers this morning proved there was additional salt debris on the bottom bringing my ppm up to my desired level of 3200ppm as well, my CYA is now at 70ppm also.
Water is clear as a crystal castle..(borrowed words from a commercial) and a very happy owner. Only issue now is that fall is seriously approaching faster than I would have liked so closing of our pool is in the very near future unfortunately. But very thankful for what we have enjoyed of it this year.

That is all. :cool:

Thanks Kim, and your assessment is correct. Could not be happier. I am thinking the first closing will be done by the pool company, as it seems to entail quite a bit more than I am used to on my above ground years back. But thanks much for the link.

Hey there gang, in checking the salt today, the SWG control panel went from 3200 down to 3000. Pretty much overnight without any rain. I am thinking that I won’t add salt it’s calling for 32lbs until it continues showing the same reading for several days in a row as I DO NOT want to raise the level higher than I want. Comments and suggestions welcome and appreciated.

I guess we have the same issue as today when checking the salt ppm on the control panel 3200 was the reading so I’m going to let it go. All other numbers are perfectly inline and I couldn’t be happier.

A wonderful Labor Day with my kids and some of the grandkids. They had a blast in the pool.. after such a bathing load I did add some extra bleach as the pool was a bit cloudy after they left. Guessing the dirt yard had a great deal to do with it but will see.

A90194C1-4B79-4677-83CD-3B6072494158.jpg7DDC91DE-633A-4FFF-95A6-EAF4CE988B78.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.