Countdown begins

So the steps are sitting on the black uprights. The black uprights are fitted to ??? looks like white tubes but the tubes don't seem to support the steps. The place in the middle where there is no black upright is where I would really look at for extra support as well as finding a way to get something right under the steps that will stay there long term.

Kim:kim:

There are horizontal rails, (2 for each step) that the uprights support. They are not sitting directly on the steps, and they run the full length of the step as well. I also read where others had issues with steps,and it is quite scary as that would be catastrophic. I will speak with the guys tomorrow to see what else can be done to support the steps.

thanks very much for everyone’s help and pointing out areas of concern. This is so appreciated by me and I’m sure others in the forum.

Are the black uprights cemented in yet? If not then move them so they are evenly spaced might be an idea. You do not want anything hard/rough/rocky, etc right under the step so you don't have to worry about it rubbing the step material.

Make sure to let us know what the guys have to say and any ideas they might have please so we can learn with you.

Are the black uprights cemented in yet? If not then move them so they are evenly spaced might be an idea. You do not want anything hard/rough/rocky, etc right under the step so you don't have to worry about it rubbing the step material.

Make sure to let us know what the guys have to say and any ideas they might have please so we can learn with you.

unfortunately the walls are set

So the steps are sitting on the black uprights. The black uprights are fitted to ??? looks like white tubes but the tubes don't seem to support the steps. The place in the middle where there is no black upright is where I would really look at for extra support as well as finding a way to get something right under the steps that will stay there long term.

Kim

The steps look supported between the uprights. What I think you are calling tubes is the actual step itself and just looks goofy at this angle.

Back at it today,finishing concrete on the deep end, Electrician is here doing his thing with bonding and outlets, plumbing will be done today and walls backfilled and coping set. Then pool deck and liner installation

A66EF127-66F3-497C-88BA-60E35397D200.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
From what the PB stated, they are set to direct water into the direction of the drain. The water table was high and hit some ground water in the deep end. So if the water comes up it is directed into a separate well per say, where I will simply drop a submersible pump in to drain if needed.

Still the most difficult part of this process remains, the waiting!!! It’s now been a week since any work has been performed, I understand that things happen but it’s so difficult to look out the window each and every day and not see progress being made, where I know the PB is still installing new pools and the backup will increase to those owners waiting for concrete to be poured before proceeding with finishing a job that was started..
Rant over

My how I hate being told something and only to see it not come to be. Was told the concrete will be done the first of the week and haven’t seen anyone, no one calls to tell me why, I’m always the one asking whenonly to get pacification answers followed up by no action. This is so terribly stressful, and stress isn’t good for a heart patient. Just at my wits end here.

Gurrrrrrrrrrrr so your PB went to the "Tell them what they want to hear to get them off the phone" school of pool builders :( Why? Why not just tell the truth? "I have over promised so can't get anything done on time". Own it and move on it!!!!

Gurrrrrrrrrrrr so your PB went to the "Tell them what they want to hear to get them off the phone" school of pool builders :( Why? Why not just tell the truth? "I have over promised so can't get anything done on time". Own it and move on it!!!!

‘I know the good news is they arrived at 4:30 today and began placing the form for the concrete. I am hoping they can pour it tomorrow as rain is once again in the forecast for Friday.
50D2CC75-7D1D-485C-8626-6771E7862586.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.