Cost of SWCG System?

Your signature does not show an automation system. It does show a single speed pump. So for your situation, it would be best to get the highest output SWCG available so you can run the pump fewer hours. A minimum is a 40K unit but better is a 60K unit.

Circupool is well known for standalone SWCG systems. You wire them to your current timer so they are only powered on when the pump is.

See Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

B,

In the past the cost of chlorine for about 5 years was just about the same as the cost of a SWCG over the same time period. I suspect that is still about the same as both chlorine and salt systems have gone up in price.

The advantage of having a SWCG is more about the feel of the water, the ease of pool maintenance, and the ability to go on vacation without worrying about your pool.

For me anyway, I'd use a SWCG even if it cost 2 x the cost of chlorine. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks. Our single speed pump is actually pretty old and I've been thinking of going to a VSP one of these days. Is there any advantage in going to a VSP and doing the SWCG system at the same time?

If you have plumbing changes you get them all done at once. The VS pump will let you run longer hours for less electricity and far less noise. You would still need the timer you have for the SWCG to keep it powered off when the VS pump is scheduled to be off.

Your signature does not show an automation system. It does show a single speed pump. So for your situation, it would be best to get the highest output SWCG available so you can run the pump fewer hours. A minimum is a 40K unit but better is a 60K unit.

Circupool is well known for standalone SWCG systems. You wire them to your current timer so they are only powered on when the pump is.

See Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features
Thanks for the info on the various systems. What is a reasonable install price for one of these, roughly?

Thanks for the info on the various systems. What is a reasonable install price for one of these, roughly?
Varies on location, whether you purchase the SWCG through the service company or just hire install. A person with knowledge of PVC piping and simple electrical can easily install one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.