Mansfield, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
My waterfall slowly loses prime and I’ve changed out just about everything in the path besides disassembling the pump. I am now pretty Dang sure it’s this 17288 check valve - I can now hear flowing/leaking when the pump turns off.

Why would this need to be a corrosion resistant check valve? I’d like to get one of the ones that you can change the valve out without having to cut PVC (any suggestions?).

Attachments

• BCFBE14A-5D76-4F81-80CA-F222700CEA37.jpeg
    BCFBE14A-5D76-4F81-80CA-F222700CEA37.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 14
A Jandy check valve has a rubber flapper and is corrosion resistant and rebuildable.

Reactions: Rodex
I have a spa spillway and a grotto waterfall. The grotto waterfall (furthest from the equipment) will start dribbling, then stop altogether when I need to backwash or clean the filter. You might check that.

A Jandy check valve has a rubber flapper and is corrosion resistant and rebuildable.
Searching INYO, looks like in the size I need (1.5”, 2 lb spring) has a lot of CMP options but not Jandy. Amazon listings are sparse. Any other sites to check out?

It is a crazy time for pool equipment availability.

An equivalent CMP check valve should work if you can’t wait until Jandy is available.

Looks like CMP has one -

CMP Check Valve 1-1/2" Inside 2" Outside 2 Lb. Spring - 25830-704-000​

Yeah the CMP one seems to be the only one readily available. I can wait - I just have to run the waterfall pump for a bit longer every day to reprime, which I’m sure puts some strain on it, but it’s been a champ through the beatings I’ve given it the past couple years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.