Copy thread link from phone

AndyTN

Bronze Supporter
Mar 27, 2019
Memphis
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I am frequently viewing TFP from my phone using Chrome. It appears to me just like an app instead of a website which is a nice clean look but I can't figure out how to copy the link to a thread to copy into another response.

LOL .... you and me both. This is something I keep forgetting to bring up and ask.

Best I have come up with is long tapping on one of the post numbers in a thread and copying that link. But I have not found a way to copy the thread path from within a thread. If you go up to the list of threads in a forum, I think there is a way to do it from there. I don't have my phone on me to try anything.

68A18938-00E7-4750-8EEB-A0A7EB3A38BD.png
Go up to the address bar and long press to get the copy prompt. Select copy, then go to the thread you want and paste as usual in a comment box. It will show the thread in the comment box. I copied the link for this thread.

View attachment 110792
Go up to the address bar and long press to get the copy prompt. Select copy, then go to the thread you want and paste as usual in a comment box. It will show the thread in the comment box. I copied the link for this thread.
Well, the address bar does not show that the link would actually be to the thread ... why would I assume it would :D

And doesn't what Matt is showing copy the link to the post and not the thread? I suppose if you did that on the first post it would effectively be the same thing.

I do not use social media.

Facebook is evil.

Twitter is for people that can’t form coherent thoughts.

Instagram is for people who don’t realize that the other 99.999999% of the people in the world don’t really care what you think nor do they think you’re cool for posting a picture of yourself.

I'm on an Android phone and Chrome doesn't allow me to see the address bar when viewing the TFP site. The little share button is the way to do it when sharing threads but I cannot find this share button on the Pool School articles. Any recommendations? I'm trying to point newbies on Facebook to the TFP site and have to copy the link from my computer to email it to my phone to copy/share.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You know I noticed that I don't have an address bar either on my Android so clearly that method isn't going to work :) I'm not sure how to copy links for pool school articles, I may see what I can figure out later tonight

suite

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.