Convinced that T9 cell is to small to keep up

Ashtro1969

May 7, 2020
Jacksonville, NC
After some consultation and research (I actually spoke with Hayward today as well) I have found out that my Hayward t-9 cell is not the right size based on my pool volume of 30k and that the t-15 is the one I should be running. It's not an expense I was ready to deal with right now, but I have decided to purchase a new T-15 cell as opposed to having to run the my pump all the time, and probably still having to add chlorine as well. My pool is in direct sunlight all day too, which, if I am not mistaken based on what I have read, definitely affects chlorine in the pool. I have found a Hayward T-15 cell online at Pool Supply World at $599. They are an authorized Hayward dealer (I got the link from there website), and it seems like a fairly good deal. Generics are definitely much cheaper, but I am kind of leery of going with other than OEM equipment,for the most part, on anything. Any opinions/recommendations? My head has been swimming (pun intended lol) for the past few days with all of this pool stuff, still working on the pool chemistry math and what not, so any help/advice with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Be wary of Pool Supply World right now. Some other members are posting poor delivery times and poor communication. They may be having some issues.

Reactions: markayash
On your other thread I suggested you just give it a chance. You might find you can make it work for awhile.

On your other thread I suggested you just give it a chance. You might find you can make it work for awhile.

I know, and I have thought about that as well. However, after talking it over with my wife, we do have some money freed up right now, so I am leaning towards now as opposed to later. I don't know if the up front cost will outweigh the difference in trying the T-9 out for a little longer, but I am pretty sure that in the long run, buying it now is works for us financially, so perhaps it is the best option (as we can afford to do so at this time). Then again, I am new to all this, so I may be wrong. Plus, I was told that my T-9 is about 3.5 years old, so it is up there in age as well.

OK -- you may have to adjust something in your controller when you install the T15. We have Experts here that can walk you through it if necessary.

Reactions: Ashtro1969

On the right there’s an option for sold & shipped by Amazon. Personally, I’d be more comfortable buying from Amazon than an unknown vender.

Here’s another from a reliable source

Reactions: Ashtro1969

Of all the places I have looked, I hadn't looked at Amazon yet. I was so busy looking at the list of Hayward's list of Authorized Online Dealers, that I simply hadn't thought of it tbh. Thanks. My son has Prime as well, so maybe that just may be the best option.

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.