Converting AquaTrol RJ to HP

Jul 29, 2018
MI
Has anyone ever converted an AquaTrol RJ (Return Jet) to an HP (Hose Pipe)?

I read online that Hayward sells conversion kits which I can’t find, I also read you can add a flow sensor but the diagnostics on the board show it is programmed as an AL-7 (RJ) and there is no way to change it to an AL-6 (STD). I’d imagine it would just ignore the flow switch creating a safety issue.

This makes me think I’m out of luck. I’m trying to avoid the cord running across the lawn from the pool to the equipment pad which the HP model would do.

Any thoughts?

Brent, welcome to TFP! :wave: Your first post with us has been sitting for a while with no answers yet, so I wanted to follow-up. Let us know if you still need assistance and we can try to ping an expert or two who may know about such a conversion. Thanks for using the forum.

Thank you. I did find a dealer that confirmed the PCB boards are hard coded, so the RJ PCB, although it has a flow sensor jack on board, is programmed to ignore the flow sensor. I'd have to replace the PCB with an HP PCB to get the flow sensor functionality.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.