Controller for thermal solar and Pentair IC40

Oct 29, 2018
Oakland
Hello everyone,
I am new to the pool game and already I am seeing that my baseline pool needs upgrading. I am installing thermal solar soon and was anticipating upgrading to the Pentair solar touch controller and VS pump, but now I am realizing that I should have a controller for the IC40 as well to give me more info about the system than just the blinky lights. I haven't looked closely at the pump controller, but it is basically a breaker box with two analog clock switches to control the primary and booster pumps. I assume I must already have the IC40 transformer, so can someone steer me to the best options for a Pentair controller that will manage both the salt system and the thermal array? Or do I need an new controller AND the solar touch controller? thanks so much, Mark

Mark,

If your pool has yet to be built, then I recommend that you get the EasyTouch that comes with the IC40 and a built-in SWCG power supply... It will control the IntelliFlo pump, the IC40, as well as your solar system.

Keep in mind that the Pentair SuperFlo VS cannot easily be controlled by automation...

What equipment do you already have???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Mark,

If your pool has yet to be built, then I recommend that you get the EasyTouch that comes with the IC40 and a built-in SWCG power supply... It will control the IntelliFlo pump, the IC40, as well as your solar system.

Keep in mind that the Pentair SuperFlo VS cannot easily be controlled by automation...

What equipment do you already have???

Thanks,

Jim R.
The pool is installed and has an analog 2 clock controller, an IC40 and a Pentair Whisperflow 1/2 hp pump. Adding thermal solar soon, I have read a bit more and it seems I can just add the solar touch and valve to my existing hardware and make things work, after reading a bit about SWG having more info on the pool chemistry via an Easytouch controller looks like a good idea to me. The Solar array will be near ground level so the existing pump will work just fine if I am reading things correctly. Mark

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.