Contracts signed on Long Island

The plumber made tight connections. He did not leave a lot of room between the pipe coming up from the ground and the pump. He also made turns right in and out of the heater. Depends how much the plumber whines.

The plumber made tight connections. He did not leave a lot of room between the pipe coming up from the ground and the pump. He also made turns right in and out of the heater. Depends how much the plumber whines.
Well it can't hurt to ask. If he can't fit a diverter valve before the pump suction what are my options as far as air locking the main drain?

Plumber can do it. He can move the pump back a bit if needed.

I like how easy it is to get to each piece of equipment.

Where do you plan to send the water from the backwash pipe on the filter?
That is an excellent question. To which I have no answer. I do have a cartridge filter, so I won't be back washing. But, I'm sure I will be using that pipe at some point and will need to figure that out.

Nice of them to put a bypass in! Not many do that with a cartridge filter. That makes it even easier to deal with. You will get a blue backwash hose from Lowes or such and have it handy to drain if you ever need to. You just need to think ahead of where you want the water to go as it will not be a pretty day when you need to use it!!

Nice of them to put a bypass in! Not many do that with a cartridge filter. That makes it even easier to deal with. You will get a blue backwash hose from Lowes or such and have it handy to drain if you ever need to. You just need to think ahead of where you want the water to go as it will not be a pretty day when you need to use it!!
Good to know. I'll put it on the list of things to buy. Right next to pool basketball Hoop and floating cooler.

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats
The electrician came yesterday and wired everything up! He was also able to bury our service line and hang a new meter on the house. But, the utility company now wants to replace our pole in the backyard. So he couldn't connect the new service line or remove the old one yet. ? Here's hoping that the utility company gets out here quickly to replace our pole! Everyone cross their fingers for a quick turnaround.

Attachments

• 20200529_080706.jpg
    20200529_080706.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Angry
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's filled and running! Went for our first swim last night. Picking up some chemicals today to get my water balanced. I feel confident thanks to the TFP pool school and my K2006 kit. Now I just need a robot asap to keep on top of all this sand. I'm leaning towards the s200 based on what I've read on this site.

Attachments

• 20200617_063716.jpg
    20200617_063716.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 20200617_063725.jpg
    20200617_063725.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Love
Reactions: kimkats and JamesW
SO so so pretty!!! I love it!!!!

Now it is time to show it off! Go to this link and post some pics-looking down at the steps, the shallow, and the deep. This will help show off the different colors. Make sure to put in the liner brand, name, and any extras you added!

Kim:kim:

Last edited:
SO so so pretty!!! I love it!!!!

Now it is time to show it off! Go to this link and post some pics-looking down at the steps, the shallow, and the deep. This will help show off the different colors. Make sure to put in the plaster brand, name, and any extras you added!

Kim:kim:
Thanks!! Can't wait until we finish the whole yard. I don't see a link in your post. 🙈

Lookin Sweet MJ !! The sand will kinda be a way of life for a while. A lot of folks get indoor/outdoor carpet in the meantime. It’s not nearly as pretty as the brand spankin new pool, but for $1something a foot it works.

Thanks!! Can't wait until we finish the whole yard. I don't see a link in your post. 🙈
Yeah that would help LOL

Lookin Sweet MJ !! The sand will kinda be a way of life for a while. A lot of folks get indoor/outdoor carpet in the meantime. It’s not nearly as pretty as the brand spankin new pool, but for $1something a foot it works.
Great suggestion. I picked up a bunch at home depot for 50 cents a square. Definitely helps.

Reactions: mguzzy and Newdude
Just signed contracts! Breaking ground on May 15. Electrician is coming to map out a plan to reroute some utility wires, then the designer will come and make up some plans. Attached is the contract, let me know what you think. Look forward to finally creating my signature!
. We live in East Quogue and have a Pentair heat pump 140. We used this may for two week only from 8 am to 6 pm day time only. Temp was set on 84 — outside temperature was cooler then normal. 65 to 76. As you can see it cost us $400 more. It’s about $30 a day to run a heat pump of this size.

Attachments

• 139087B7-E8F1-496A-B74B-2BFDF5E67499.jpeg
    139087B7-E8F1-496A-B74B-2BFDF5E67499.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 22
. We live in East Quogue and have a Pentair heat pump 140. We used this may for two week only from 8 am to 6 pm day time only. Temp was set on 84 — outside temperature was cooler then normal. 65 to 76. As you can see it cost us $400 more. It’s about $30 a day to run a heat pump of this size.
Wow that's expensive. I'm cringing thinking about what my gas bill is going to look like.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.