Continuation of an odyssey

Wow, I bet that's nice! Straight from the hose here is COLD, even in the summer.

Noodles and beach balls filled with sparkly confetti are the teen favorites here. So is screaming. I don't understand that part, but there's always a lot of screaming when her friends/teammates are in the pool with her. We have new empty-nester neighbors, and I bet they spent some time this summer regretting buying next to a house with a pool and a teenager. ?‍♀️ I'm trying to enjoy it, because it's going by really fast!

We are empty nesters, and we genuinely LOVE hearing our neighbours' kids outside enjoying their pool (screaming, listening to music or whatever). It is a happy sound.

We are empty nesters, and we genuinely LOVE hearing our neighbours' kids outside enjoying their pool (screaming, listening to music or whatever). It is a happy sound.
Good for you and anybody else who can see the big picture in life. Alot of older neighbors get upset if their silence gets interrupted by fun. I have 3 neighbors abutting my backyard. All retirees. 2 of them genuinely love my kids so they tolerate us having fun outside. The other guy is grumpy and wont even say hi if we are both at the border and i say hi first.
My 85 year old mom had a grumpy retiree next to her for years. A family with 3 young girls just moved in and she will be so happy to hear them squealing while riding their bikes and playing.

Reactions: Chickinvic
I am the old grumpy guy on my block..... The next door neighbor is much younger, and they are probably 1/2 as loud as we are. I think they use their pool, but I am not sure! :) Good guy, just keeps to himself.

There are a few neighbors who are older than us, but the vast majority are in their early 30's, making us (in our early 50's) definitely in the small group of "elders" there.... But we are probably one of the more obnoxious bunch on the street with the older teenagers regardless.....and my kids are obnoxious....

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats and mguzzy
So in the last week, I did a shed, including a "Quikrete" pad, the "snake grate" on the drainage...(and yes I have a second one to do..) Quite a few indoor fixes unrelated to the pool, finally, and I started messing with the "solar roller" solar cover rollers. I think I have a good enough layout now. One side is a shorter roll, but will get more cover. Other is longer but will have less weight on it. Will cut and finish it tomorrow.

TFP from the beginning of the pool has made it extremely easy to keep CSI very tightly in balance. I would assume most starting water profiles would be just like what I am doing with the fairly hard and high alkalinity water. After CYA got to 40, liquid chlorine and muriatic acid are all I have had to add so far. Working and testing great.

Anyway here are two pictures of the last two weekends work... Off in the distance is both diamond pattern steel and hardware mesh to cover the holes in the block wall hopefully keeping out the rattle snakes and pack rats... Tapconed into the wall..IMG_20191012_171352244.jpgIMG_20191012_171434520.jpg

Reactions: kimkats
Okay so I lied a little I guess. My wife wanted to go to the fall festival at Patagonia, AZ. So instead of getting the solar rollers set up, we bought "bling"...

Maybe more of the landscaping will be that way. Very little maintenance and not a lot more cost than live plants. The barrel cactus lights up, too. So there will be a trench and a GFCI circuit in the future I suppose...

IMG_20191013_164130759.jpgIMG_20191013_164156460.jpg

To prove that AZ is not all cacti and some places are green and have trees.. This is only 32 miles away as the crow flies... And amazingly only 700 feet higher in elevation.

IMG_20191013_125627739.jpgMaybe when I retire...

Reactions: MyAZPool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why I do TFP and you should too!FB_IMG_1586317281989.jpg I stole this from my wife. One of my kids.. Look at the water...it's is amazing how clear it is... And honestly I really need to scrub down the pool with the brush since it sat since the last post with the solar cover on it.

But I had to share this.

Fred is your kid gonna chuck that paver at anyone that tries to remove him from the pool?

View attachment 131884
The paver is a spare that I am using to keep the floaty thermometer in place. The dogs liked to eat any sort of rope or string I had on that thermometer so i have a piece of Teflon coated silver plated (military surplus) copper wire holding it in place now (the red thing). So that explains that oddity.... it works...

Some more work since fall and the preparations for the SWCG. IMG_20200419_143816562.jpgIMG_20200418_182013242.jpgIMG_20200419_143912440.jpg
There is going to be a roof sandwiched between the two redwood fences. So it will be like a carport for all the equipment, sunshade and rain shield.

IMG_20200419_143918463.jpg

Yes the orange thing is an electric demolition hammer. It's the Arizona handyman's secret weapon. I am still doing this to take a break before the Quickcrete. The next picture is how much pipe I have to work with for a flow sensor and salt chlorine generator cell. I should have fun plumbing this next weekend.

I was going to get some Borax but like everything else now, everyone thinks that they are Martha Stewart and are hoarding the stuff to make "laundry detergent". My TA is down to 90 now but the pH has been a way too stable 7.2... Hopefully the cell will bring that up quickly. I still would like to get the TA to 80, actually but this might be good enough.

Fred don't forget to let the kids have "Diamond Day" when you put the salt in. It is so pretty as it floats down through the water. Them playing in it will help mix it up good. Don't turn on the SWG until the salt has had a day or so to get all mixed up good.

That is going to look awesome when you get it done. Your equipment will last long as well I bet!

Funny, I just finished up the Lifetime version of those storage sheds. The robot fits nicely in there if you ever get one.

What is that funky antenna between the sheds/cabinets?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.