Continuation of an odyssey

Well.. that's true but it is more or less in the last message. I guess if I take out all of the delays, mistakes and waiting then we are at about what it takes to do the pool. Like I said.. road work here is totally epic... They were mortaring in the Soldier Course when I left for work this morning, but I wish they would get it done today so I can clean off all of the concrete dust (again) this weekend and spread what gravel I have left...so I can order more and have it here when they are done, since that takes 3-4 weeks too....I am going to order the test kit and stuff as soon as they are done with the decking.. thought that would be this week, but it will be next week... and we are starting to come out of the super hot season too... so maybe that was timed right... who knows?

Heh.. you laugh but when I was researching new cars to buy, I was keeping track of the cars who's alarms would go off in the parking lot when the military planes would take off at the Tucson airport. I ruled a few choices out on that alone... :) The rocket was 60 miles farther away from my place than downtown which it probably should have hit instead. :) (Okay I am mostly joking... I am going to a concert in a few weeks, it can wait until after that)...

If you are into doomsday (I sort of am because I caught the very tail end of it when I was a kid and I am an engineer) then I recommend as one of the truly best things you can ever do while in the Tucson area the Titan Missile Museum in Green valley (Sauharita) AZ. Honestly. Really cool stuff....

They were instructed to head down to Mexico after the bomb went off and they waited their 30 days after launch..... so there is that....

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah its sure getting there. I know its been an Odyssey and all, but its really starting to look good. Its gonna wipe away alot of the BS you had to go through and you'll have a heck of a story when friends are over admiring it all. **points off 180 degrees on the horizon** ' I *sugar* you not, at one point i owned everything THAT direction'

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats
I probably will forget about it eventually but that is why I documented it here, right? That and the "history eraser button" in case I want to forget.

Happy, happy, joy, joy.

I have to really get on the ball with the test kit. The email we just received tonight from the scheduler is as follows:

"Your deck will be completed 9/7, I anticipate electric and the columns of your wall to be completed first of the week, gate by installation 9/12, Inspection is scheduled for 9/13, someone will need to be home to meet with the inspector. You can call me the day of the inspection to confirm to get a rough time frame for the inspector, but it is not guaranteed that they will show up during that time frame. Interior installation 9/13, Acid wash 9/16."

Thankfully the inspection on Friday the 13th is my off Friday. I will take off the Monday and start a fillin' then.

I need to put in that UL 2017 alarm on the slider this weekend. Hopefully they will like the gate that is blocking the other door from garage. I have a second spring for it that I might add because it is heavy. I am sure it is up to code the way it is though.

Yeah get us the numbers on your fill water so we can get a shopping list up for you.

Here is a link to plaster start ups. Notice there are some embedded links to follow to get a little deeper into it: Start-up New Plaster - Trouble Free Pool

Do you really think they will be coming out TODAY??? A Saturday?? (asks the teacher that has to go to school today for some training on stuff I already know :roll:)

Kim:kim:

Does it pass the ever so important dog inspection ? He looks like he is really taking his time to decide, Leaving no stone unturned. (Pun intended)

They will be back on Monday to do the fence and drainage block. I agree about the sand. I will have them bring more.

As for fill water...

pH 7.5, 152 CH (but this varies a lot daily, it is much better in the fall and winter it almost doubles in the spring according to my measurements and Tucson Water's reports), TA 170 (!)

I think that is all we care about (no need for chlorine tests) at this point.

Muriatic acid... Probably will need more... :)

That high TA sucks. I chased my tail a lot with the hot tub at first. The "minerals" in the Tucson report are at the 350 level.

I am out of CH reagant now so timing is good in the fact that I ordered a TF-100 and a bunch of other stuff today.

What a PITA. Good thing the government is protecting me from myself again... I probably need it..

I need to caulk the holes closed but I need to get some beige caulk to do it... IMG_20190907_143232992.jpg

Notice the proper place for the battery... Not in it...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.