Construction finally started in Jacksonville FL!

ok so they finished plastering around noon, and the pool is filling up. I have my TF Test Kit. My pool builder left a brush and some tablets. He said as soon as there is a few feet of water in the pool to add the tablets to the ball and let it float and then when the pool is full take a sample to pinch a penny. So here are my thoughts. I thought you weren't supposed to add chlorine to a newly plastered pool for 48 hours? I will follow his instructions about taking a water sample so we have it documented for the warranty but I think I would rather do my own testing once the pool is full and go from there tomorrow. Or should I just throw the chlorine tabs in the dispenser like he said?

I'll leave your tab question to the experts, I'm just thrilled things are finally nearing the finish line for you. (Our pool startup added tabs and started the equipment about 36 hours after it was full. With the permission of the startup company and PB, I started testing and adding stuff on my own two days later.)

Me? I would follow the NPC card but I am not the one that would have to face the PB if there is a warranty issue so........To tell you the truth one chlorine puck will not add much FC at all so it could be all gone by the time you get the water to the pool store..............just saying :slidehalo:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No words just sigh :(

Kim can this be fixed post plaster? If not I’m just determined to have the pool for the summer and they can fix everything in the winter. When I got home there were puddles from the rain on the sunshelf and stairs, not sure if that will cause a ring like artifact. And also dirt from the contractor messing with the skimmer and pump. Oh well. It is what it is lol.

We had puddles on top of the bench which I assume were from our acid wash. Not sure if it was neutralised or not as I wasn’t home until there was a foot of water in the pool. It left no marks or rings. I do have a few streaks down the deep end side of the bench from the hose flipping up sometime between when they turned the tap on and me coming home. I could see on the security cam that it was left in the centre deep end so it must have spun out of position from the force of the water. Came home to a waterfall at the bench side of the deep end. Strangely enough it doesn’t really bother me. It is noticeable to anyone other than me and only in certain lighting/angles. The rest of my plaster is perfect so I try to look at this as its birthmark.

As for the step tiles. I’m not sure what it would take to fix once the pool is full but I am sure they can be fixed. Maybe it won’t bug you once the pool is full and you are swimming. See how you feel in a few weeks and push to fix if you can’t live with it. Keep in mind that some fixes can cause more problems and there is a potential for other imperfections when they remedy.

Brushing can help with the rain stain IF it happens!

I agree with letting it ride and enjoying the pool for the summer. I DO have a call in to someone who should be able to answer if it can be fixed with the pool filled.

Kim:kim:

There is no chance of fixing that under water. I would either ask for a sizable credit (ie: free plaster) or have them replaster the pool... Anything in between will always look horrible.

Paige, This ^^^^^ is who I asked about the fix. He is a master pool builder that knows of which he speaks. In this case I wish he was wrong :( but..........Thanks again B!

There is no chance of fixing that under water. I would either ask for a sizable credit (ie: free plaster) or have them replaster the pool... Anything in between will always look horrible.

Thank you for your response! I think they need to re tile and the plaster in the winter. I just can’t deal with them doing it now. And or just credit me the plaster. I paid stupid money for that glass tile so it needs to be fixed. And we only have it on the stairs and sunshelf so it is really noticeable.

- - - Updated - - -

Paige, This ^^^^^ is who I asked about the fix. He is a master pool builder that knows of which he speaks. In this case I wish he was wrong :( but..........Thanks again B!

Thanks Kim! You are so helpful! We will talk to the PB about it Monday I suppose.

The glass tile looks chipped. Did you see this before they plastered? Definitely unacceptable and I would either have it fixed or a hughe credit of plaster and tile work. I hope you have your quotes and I would not pay anymore money till you have everything in writing moving forward. So mad for you right now. [emoji23]

I only wish it was better news but at least you know and can work on what you are going to say. Now is the time to get everything in writing. Email (best) or text so there is a trail.

At least you can enjoy it for now!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.