Construction completed - we love our new concrete pool - 8 months start to finish

golovko

Gold Supporter
Nov 24, 2021
Raleigh, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi all,

I posted here back in November with my design and received really great feedback. I created the design myself using Pool Studio and provided the build plans to the PB. I acted as my own GC and managed all the sub-contracting for the patio, pool deck, electrical, mechanical and landscaping while the PB managed the pool tile, plumbing and concrete sub-contractors.

It was a long process with many months of idle time in between inspections, delays, scheduling conflicts, etc. The patience paid off and was well worth the wait. We have been in the pool everyday until 9/10pm since the first week of August. First thing we do after my daughter is home from school and we're done working is jump in the pool. This has been a really great addition to our home and created an outdoor living space we plan to use for many years to come.

Specs:
18'x40' pool - 7 LED lights - 1 Bubbler with LED
8'x16' tanning ledge - 2 LED lights - 2 Bubblers with LEDs
8'6"x7'6" spillover spa - 1 LED light
WetEdge Primera Stone Grigio Treasure
Natural Gas heater for Spa/Pool
Variable Speed Pump for Bubblers
Variable Speed Pump for Spa/Pool
Salt cell with chlorinator (not started salt yet)
Hayward OmniLogic Smart Panel
Landscaping lights
Pergola with fan, gas grill, and outdoor fridge

Original thread: Raleigh, NC - First time pool build - using my own design I created in Pool Studio - feedback request

pool_ - 6.jpeg
405 Saddletop Pool and Patio_012.jpgpool_ - 4.jpegpool_ - 25.jpegpool_ - 27.jpegpool_ - 31.jpegpool_ - 3.jpegpool_ - 13.jpegpool_ - 16.jpegpool_ - 18.jpeg

Last edited:
That looks fabulous! :goodjob:

On a side note, I really need to get a drone. :) AND a GoPro. :swim:
Thank you!

Haha yes, I got the drone just to take aerial shots. The underwater camera is a point and shoot Nikon I got many years ago for a trip. My daughter loves playing with it in the pool now.

well mark me down for favorite build I have seen on this site. Love the double tanning lounge and raised spa area.

Reactions: golovko
well mark me down for favorite build I have seen on this site. Love the double tanning lounge and raised spa area.
Thanks! It was quite a few design iterations working late in the evenings and on weekends until I was happy with it. Just waiting on the 3 Ledge Lounger chaise deeps to be delivered end of this month! Even without the chaises its a really nice spot to just lounge around in with a beer on a hot day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Beautiful design that is one of the nicest I have seen. Love it! Wishing you many years of fun filled memories and moments with your family.

Beautiful design that is one of the nicest I have seen. Love it! Wishing you many years of fun filled memories and moments with your family.
Thank you! It really did transform our backyard from just a lot of lawn to an outdoor living space. We are already spending so much time out here even if it doesn't involve swimming.

This was the before so we didn't spent a lot of time out here. Well I did at least, taking care of the lawn :)
DJI_0058.jpegIMG_1865.jpeg

Thanks! It was quite a few design iterations working late in the evenings and on weekends until I was happy with it. Just waiting on the 3 Ledge Lounger chaise deeps to be delivered end of this month! Even without the chaises its a really nice spot to just lounge around in with a beer on a hot day.
Hi there! I am in Raleigh, Can I ask who you used? I am obsessing over research for our project. I am excited to move forward with this long process.

Thank you! It really did transform our backyard from just a lot of lawn to an outdoor living space. We are already spending so much time out here even if it doesn't involve swimming.

This was the before so we didn't spent a lot of time out here. Well I did at least, taking care of the lawn :)
View attachment 453555View attachment 453556
Is this astro turf?

I acted as my own GC and managed all the sub-contracting for the patio, pool deck, electrical, mechanical and landscaping while the PB managed the pool tile, plumbing and concrete sub-contractors.
You did a great job. Watch for monthly contests on the forum - your landscaping and pool design is wonderful.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.