brew3x

May 28, 2014
South Easton MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I was talking to a friend that recently switched to swg and he said they love the water quality compared to chlorine.

what are the real benefits of a swg pool and is it worth the 1500 dollars or so to switch
Thanks
B

Many of us would not have a pool without a SWCG. It is still a chlorine pool, the chlorine is just created by the SWCG instead of you adding it daily using liquid chlorine.

Fill out your signature so we know the volume, specifications, and pool equipment you have.

A salt pool is a chlorine pool just different way to get at it. Chlorine needs your personal attention otherwise sanitization goes down hill where as the SWCG is dialed in for your pool lending to less testing and easier management. Salt water has a different feel but both pools managed properly leaves bathers without the chlorine odor. Cost wise there's no difference except the outlay is upfront where as chlorine you need to lug it from the store but in the end it's just how you pay for it.

Put it this way.

When I had a "regular" pool, I could get it dialed in, and my routine consisted of adding +\- a quart of bleach every morning before work. I would walk out to the pool shed around 6:30 AM every morning, no matter the weather, measure out a quart jar of bleach, and add it to the pool. On the weekends I would do my testing and adjust anything that needed adjusting.

When I switched to SWGC, I do nothing during the week. If I am going to swim in the afternoon after work, I will use a test strip just to make sure noting went totally sideways and the Cl is insanely off. Weekends I do the full battery of tests.

People always said they liked my pool because the water was so clean, however once I went to a SWCG, those compliments really increased, and people like the feel of the salt water (which of course you don't need a SWGC for, you can add salt to any pool).

A SWGC has really cut down on my maintenance time, I no longer have to run out and buy bleach (or liquid chlorine) and I can run lower levels of Cl and CYA because of how the Cl is locally concentrated in the cell when the system is running and the pool is dosed over a period of time, as opposed to all at once.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.