Considering Switching to SWG

Thanks! What is maintenance like on a daily/weekly basis? I know this is discussed on other threads, but just looking for a simple answer. Will I still be add chlorine/shock on a daily/weekly basis? As you mentioned you last added salt months ago. Is basically all you need to do now test the water?

Just to further add to this discussion, chlorine at Home Depot was $10 a gallon. A 40 bag of Diamond Crystal salt was $10.
Regardless of your chlorination method, you should never need to shock your pool.

Reactions: proavia
So I was recommended installed a Heyward SWG and a Pentair ic40. Any thoughts on either?

You have Jandy automation so you should install a Jandy SWG. You could also install the Nature2 FusionSoft 700 or 1400 just don't use the mineral cartridge portion. Sometimes they are cheaper because they expect you to purchase expensive mineral cartridge consumables. They are identical to the Jandy branded stuff in all specs and work identical in Aqualink.

You have Jandy automation so you should install a Jandy SWG. You could also install the Nature2 FusionSoft 700 or 1400 just don't use the mineral cartridge portion. Sometimes they are cheaper because they expect you to purchase expensive mineral cartridge consumables. They are identical to the Jandy branded stuff in all specs and work identical in Aqualink.
I am being told that since I don't have the power for the SWG Jandy stuff, it is coming out to cost much more to install. Does that seem right?

I am being told that since I don't have the power for the SWG Jandy stuff, it is coming out to cost much more to install. Does that seem right?

You will need the SWG unit and the SWG power supply. I am not sure what that will cost probably $1500 in materials plus installation.

Thanks! What is maintenance like on a daily/weekly basis? I know this is discussed on other threads, but just looking for a simple answer. Will I still be add chlorine/shock on a daily/weekly basis? As you mentioned you last added salt months ago. Is basically all you need to do now test the water?

Just to further add to this discussion, chlorine at Home Depot was $10 a gallon. A 40 bag of Diamond Crystal salt was $10.
I was away for 10 days. I tested before I left. Came home today and still had FC 7ppm and pH at 7.9 with CSI at 0.0
So no effort for pass 10 days. I did monitor pool temperature and I bumped up SWCG output as pool temp rose from 65 F to 75 F.
I would definitely move to a SWCG.

Reactions: Newdude
Does anyone run the Pentair successfully with the Jandy pump and Aqualink system? I received a price to install the Jandy SWG and it is much higher than the Pentair SWG.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does anyone run the Pentair successfully with the Jandy pump and Aqualink system? I received a price to install the Jandy SWG and it is much higher than the Pentair SWG.

You can't run the Pentair with Aqualink. But you can install it and it will work fine.

Interesting because the labor to do each would be about equal. Was these prices from the same service company?

You can't run the Pentair with Aqualink. But you can install it and it will work fine.
What do you mean you can't run it? I have spoken to several pool companies and they all said it will run on the Jandy and Aqualink system. The price diff to install them is about $1000.

What do you mean you can't run it? I have spoken to several pool companies and they all said it will run on the Jandy and Aqualink system. The price diff to install them is about $1000.

I mean you can't control it with Aqualink through Aqualink's interface.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.