Connection issue with a IntelliComm® II Interface Adapter and Pentair Intelliflo VSF

I want to use The VF functionality of my Intelliflo VSF pump.

JMA,

From your pics you have your automation set up to control a VF IntelliFlo. Did you try this before you added the IntelliComm. When you had the RS-485 cable connected between the pump and your automation (not the IntelliComm)?

And I thought the problem with the IntelliComm installed was that your SWCG will not run and shows an output of zero.??

Jim R.

When I place the pump as VF the jandy doesnt support this even thou its listed as an available pump. To overcome this I used the intellicom module. When I connected it according to all the research i have done the SWCG does not display any chlorine production 0%,, but the filter button lights up. I had to add a relay splitter to activate the filter button and the SWCG which is on the same circuit. I believe the issue is the relay splitter. The only time it shows any production is when I put the panel on service and hit the filter button.

JMA,

I can't see how it could be the relay splitter...

I have quick test that you can run.. Change "IntelliFlo VF" to single speed pump.. Leave your IntelliComm set up just like it is. I suspect the SWCG will then work.

Your SWCG is not working because your system does not think the pump is running as it can't see the IntelliFlo on the RS-485 com port. The IntelliFlo is only connected to the IntelliComm, it is not connected to your automation's RS-485 com port.

This is just a test to confirm my theory.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.