Reno, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I was unable to find a Pentair IC60 as I waited a bit too long. After checking both WalMart & Leslies for about 10 days and not being able to find liquid chlorine, I opted to buy the RJ60 from DSP.
What would be the best way to connect to power? I'm thinking the relay for the filter pump (I'll also be switch out the current Whisperflo for an Intelliflow VS at the same time I add the SWG).
I know I won't be able to control the RJ60 via the Pentair automation, but don't want it to have power unless the pump is running. Based on what I've read here, I will likely run the pump 24/7
at a lower speed and will program the RJ60 separately.
Does sound like an okay plan? Any other suggestions???
Thanks!

@Jimrahbe Could use a little guidance on this. Which side is the load side? I'm thinking it's the side with the wires that go out to the pump, but want to make sure. Also, since I was redoing some plumbing to add the SWG, I removed the old booster pump for the pressure side cleaner. The booster pump was wired to the lower relay. Should I remove the jumper wires that go from the lower to the upper?

Attachments

• Intellitouch Pump Wiring.jpg
    Intellitouch Pump Wiring.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 29
Dog,

If you were counting the connection pins left to right, it would be 1 Line in.. 2 load out 3 Line in 4 Load out

You can remove the jumpers, or not, it will make no difference as the relay is unused now.. (Both load pins are empty..)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: BadDogPSD
@Jimrahbe Got it wired up this afternoon and it seems to be working AOK. Thank you again for all of the help. I'm getting ready to post a question on wiring the new Intelliflo pump to my Intellitouch in the pumps section if you're available, I'd appreciate the help with that too!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.