connect to my sprinkler ??

nateb

Apr 7, 2015
Allen
My PB in passing told me that I can hook this into my sprinkler system. They said that Texas PB's aren't allowed to connect but they do install the line. Anybody know about this?
d961467da1a0a01775fcd948226d0e6d.jpg

Interesting. I'm wondering why you would want to connect your pool equipment to the sprinklers... maybe water the lawn as you backwash? I'm interested because I have a seemingly random pipe sticking up next to my equipment too and don't know what it is for.

Nat,

My PB did the same thing. On mine the pipe is connected into the back of the skimmer, at a hole at the water line, opposite from the skimmer mouth.

Mine is connected via a sprinkler valve so that when I push a button on my PC, the valve open and adds water to the pool.

The downside that I did not understand at the time is that it will just blow the skimmer door shut and blow anything in the skimmer basket back into the pool... :(

I would have been a lot better if the pipe had just gone into the pool itself, like a pool return line.

What I have to do now is ... Clean the skimmer basket, place a brick on the skimmer door and then turn it on.

Oh, yes... I found that I had to add a removable plug to prevent all kinds of stuff, including a small snake from going up the input pipe with the valve was off..

Something I would do different if I had known the issues up front...

Thanks,

Jim R.

I looked this up yesterday. The Texas Administrative Code has a provision that states a swimming pool may not be connected to a sprinkler system. The concern is that animal feces/fertilizer/etc could make its way into the pool. My local water district unfortunately requires a RPZ for an autofill. With this said, I assume that hook ups to sprinkler systems do happen.

Greg

My PB in passing told me that I can hook this into my sprinkler system. They said that Texas PB's aren't allowed to connect but they do install the line. Anybody know about this?
d961467da1a0a01775fcd948226d0e6d.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.