Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC3 (RC-42)
I haven’t bought my own test kit yet but I’ve been trying to figure out how to get everything in line using my local Leslie’s. So day one I had high PH and High Calcium. I added acid and scale solution about 24 hrs apart. Waited about 2 hrs and then got the water re tested. So the attached is day 1 and 2. My question is if my total chlorine was 2.58 and then it jumped to 3.94 why did it do that if I didn’t mess with the chlorine at all? I should mention it’s a SWG pool and I’ve never had a pool so I’m learning as I go.image.jpgimage.jpg

Once you get your own proper test kit, run a full suite of tests and post up the results. We can provide guidance based on your own test results.

Other than your FC being too low, IF you believe the data above, all is fine.

I haven’t bought my own test kit yet but I’ve been trying to figure out how to get everything in line using my local Leslie’s. So day one I had high PH and High Calcium. I added acid and scale solution about 24 hrs apart. Waited about 2 hrs and then got the water re tested. So the attached is day 1 and 2. My question is if my total chlorine was 2.58 and then it jumped to 3.94 why did it do that if I didn’t mess with the chlorine at all? I should mention it’s a SWG pool and I’ve never had a pool so I’m learning as I go.View attachment 561269View attachment 561270
The Leslie water testing is closer to a random number generator than actual useful data. Don’t waste your time with them as it tends to create confusion with nonsense results.

If your SWG was on, it adds chlorine so that’s a possible reason it increased, but likely not that much in 2 hours.