Confused Newbie

Imbo

May 28, 2018
Marco Island, FL
Pool looks great but my liquid chlorine appetite seems high with the FC/CYA chart and PH continues to rise.
Went to the pool store for comparison and was told my nitrates were high at 10 and phosphate level was 1000. I should either drain and start over adding all new chemicals or add a phosphate remover and do the following which seems unbelievable given my CYA

D63A393B-8A60-4B03-9395-A96D81E5F1D1.jpg

My numbers using a Taylor K2005 KIT
TC 2
FC 2
PH 7.8
TA 100
CH 300
CYA 100

I am new to this pool with a new home. I have fired the pool service and have completely stopped the chlorine cakes. Hoping the frequent summer rain will dilute my high CYA as water here is expensive.

What is your advice? To drain or not?

Welcome to the forum!

Your FC is way too low for your CYA. Do Step 8 in Pool School - CYA to see how high over 100 your CYA is.

You will need a FAS-DPD test to measure FC over 5ppm. Order that now. TFTestkits.net has them.

Ignore the Pool Store. You need to SLAM Process, most likely. First a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test should be done. But you need to raise your FC to Target Level based on your CYA according to [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA].

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.