Phoenix Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
As the title states, I am confused by Pentair lighting...and their bubblers.

I want a light on the side of my small pool--all good! The MicroBrite appears to be the easy answer so that's figured out.

As for the bubbler/light combo I'm super confused by the specs and the darn name. Colorvision LED bubbler with separately sold globrite LED lights. Huh? I want a bubbler with an integrated light. Why does the item have LED 2 times in the title? As for the specs, height of plume and depth of water there's info on the Pentair chart for what appears to be 3/4" and 1/2" inlets yet the specs of the niche is 1.5". So confused....

Can someone help me figure out which item I want please? I have a 10" deep Baja shelf and would like the water to come out of the surface slightly or even greatly as I'm sure I can plumb in a valve to slow the flow. Additionally, I want this to include a light fixture ala the globrite.

I think I want these items:
602055 for the light
580037 for the niche
Nozzle? No clue. I see this brochure that confuses me on the nozzle/niche

Edit:wording

Also, aren't the globrite lights the ones that fail often? I don't see a pentair bubbler with a MicroBrite which I guess would be ideal.

thank you

I think you have it pretty well figured out. Pentair doesn’t sell what you want. Will you accept what Pentair offers?

Depending on where you put the bubbler you could put in one without a light and position a Microbrite light in a wall near the bubbler that it shines into the plume.

Read these threads…

Last edited:
Reactions: gingrbredman
Depending on where you put the bubbler you could put in one without a light and position a Microbrite light in a wall near the bubbler that it shines into the plume.
This is what I’m doing, and I think it’s good option. I’ve got 3 bubbles and I’m putting microbrite in the wall perpendicular to them.

Others have commented that the lights in the integrated bubblers don’t light up the shelf very well, and especially when the bubblers aren’t in use I want the shelf lit up light the rest of the pool.

Pentair doesn’t sell what you want
@ajw22 is correct, there is no Microbrite bubbler from Pentair, just the Globrite version, and they are quite pricy. There is a chart somewhere here that shows the color temperature differences of the Microbrites vs. Globrites, and they are not exactly the same. You may not tell from the shelf to the wall, but others have reported they can see a color difference in say the reds for example.

I like the idea of a non-lit bubbler, and then a Microbrite to enhance it. That's what I have and really enjoy the look. When my Microbrite fails, it will be an easy swap and a lot less hassle and expense of swapping out a color bubbler.

As the title states, I am confused by Pentair lighting...and their bubblers.

I want a light on the side of my small pool--all good! The MicroBrite appears to be the easy answer so that's figured out.

As for the bubbler/light combo I'm super confused by the specs and the darn name. Colorvision LED bubbler with separately sold globrite LED lights. Huh? I want a bubbler with an integrated light. Why does the item have LED 2 times in the title? As for the specs, height of plume and depth of water there's info on the Pentair chart for what appears to be 3/4" and 1/2" inlets yet the specs of the niche is 1.5". So confused....

Can someone help me figure out which item I want please? I have a 10" deep Baja shelf and would like the water to come out of the surface slightly or even greatly as I'm sure I can plumb in a valve to slow the flow. Additionally, I want this to include a light fixture ala the globrite.

I think I want these items:
602055 for the light
580037 for the niche
Nozzle? No clue. I see this brochure that confuses me on the nozzle/niche

Edit:wording
I have the Colorvision bubblers with Globrite light. Our sunshelf has a 9" water depth. The attached picture shows the water height we had when they were on that day. I have a Pentair 3hp variable speed pump that runs everything (including the bubblers, slide, 3 sets of returns) except the waterfall, which has its own pump. As you say, you can set your valves to end up with whatever height you like for the bubblers. When I turn on both the slide and the bubblers, the valves end up being set such that only one set of returns is open at the same time. (I say set of returns because the pool builder put six returns in my pool in three sets of two. I don't know why! But one set of returns is two returns tied in to the same pipe back to the equipment pad.) The Globrite light fits into the Colorvision niche and twists to make a watertight seal. You can read/see it in the product manuals - in case you haven't come across those, they are here. The bubbler niche is permanently set into the plaster/gunnite, but you can replace the Globrites as needed.

I don't have a picture to hand of the bubbler lights at night, but they light up the shelf fine. I have heard bad things about Globrites and expect mine to fail soon based on that :-( So far only one failed shortly after installation because the pool builder broke it by the way they installed it, and that was replaced under warranty. So these two have made it through four full pool seasons and were still working when I closed the pool in October so fingers crossed they last a little longer! They have been fine for me, but the other suggestions about pointing separate lights at the plumes also sound like good ideas given the bad reputation of the Globrites! Or maybe this new Microbrite to Globrite adapter would work in the Colorvision bubbler niche too. I'm sure whatever you decide will be beautiful!

2019-07-14 Pool.JPG

I think you have it pretty well figured out. Pentair doesn’t sell what you want. Will you accept what Pentair offers?

Read these threads…

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm thinking of putting a return with an eyeball and then a light on the sidewalls. Probably an over better bubbler and lighting result. Thoughts?

Here's a sketchup of my pool design with the bubblers on the tanning ledge, and lights on the wall.

View attachment 390051

Here's the bubbler fittings I got that I'm planning on using for the bubbler.
Natural Wonders Flush Bubbler Fountain | White | 25503-000-000
View attachment 390050
Not 30 seconds before seeing your post I forwarded a very similar link to my plumber. I think I'm going to go with what you suggest and just light the walls around. Way less of a headache--and cheaper!

Reactions: Foxer
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.