Configure Spa Spillover on Jandy setup

Cpeterfeso

Silver Supporter
Jul 7, 2022
Cumming ga
Thanks to all on this forum, super helpful. Thanks to this forum I am ready to tackle my next pool change.....for whatever reason my PB setup my pool so that the spa spills over into the pool whenever it is in pool mode; to achieve the "right" flow, he cammed my Jandy JVA so that most of the water goes to the spa and a little to the pool. This was all done when I had a Jandy 2 HP single speed pump doing the work and everything worked as expected. I have now switched to a VSP and the spillover is kind of a mess at lower speeds (to be expected I think). I would like to reconfigure my system so that there is no spillover during "normal" pool mode and the spillover only happens when the spillover feature/button is engaged. I will set programs to engage the spillover a couple times a day coupled with higher speed on the VSP. My thoughts/plan on how to do this physically is:
  1. "un cam" the JVA so that is back to 0% or 100%; I do this by opening the JVA and adjusting the ratchet wheel thing (I think I can figure this part out thanks to youtube)
  2. Set dipswitch 3 to the on position on the RS board which should enable the spillover function on my Aqualink RS/one touch. My pool lights are currently in Aux 3 so I will first move the lights relay cord to a different Aux.
I think everything else would be done programmatically. Am I missing anything? Does this sound like a reasonable plan? Thanks in advance

Peter,

I am not a Jandy guy, but what you have outlined is exactly what needs to be done.

It sounds like you have done your homework well. :goodjob:

Let's see if Allen has any additional suggestions... Calling @ajw22

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes, you got it.

Setting SPILLOVER mode on the Aqualink is described in Jandy Aqualink RS - Further Reading

Remove the light setting from AUX3 before you flip dipswitch 3 as you will not be able to access it after.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.