Concrete thickness around fiberglass pool

nobueno

Silver Supporter
Sep 25, 2019
Erie, CO
I thought we finally had a pool builder but he is saying in order to warranty the pool, he wants to put 5' wide 16" thick concrete with rebar around the pool to the tune of $15,000. Is this really necessary? All of his other prices were pretty reasonable (for our area) and I feel like this is just his way of making his margin back.

The company providing the fiberglass pool usually specifies the minimum collar requirements. What manufactures pool is being proposed? Find out directly from that company what they specify.

I wonder if the thickness of the concrete proposed is due to freeze depth? In your area I suspect it is less than 16". But more than a few inches.

Nothing at all and a bad idea. That's alot of weight hanging of the beam if the ground settles. 4 ti 6 max is all that's needed. Can be thicker near coping if you are doing cantilever. Show him the viking specs ask him why he wants it

Reactions: nobueno
OK. Frost map does not show that deep based on your location, but you would know the real data.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.