Compool CP3800 - Inside Control Panel Dead

tb40

Nov 9, 2017
Yorba Linda
So out of nowhere, the indoor / inside panel that controls my Compool cp3800 system went completely dead / dark, no indicator lights on the panel. I took the panel off the wall and disassembled, nothing obviously wrong with the circuit board, wiring etc.

What are the logical steps to start troubleshooting?

I have been reviewing previous posts regarding the compool systems, and some mention a full system reset at the main control box? Also an integrated battery in the control box?

Thank you in advance for any adivce or assistance all!

I would shut power off, take off inside control and hook it up directly to outside panel if you have enough wire to play with. I’ve experienced a lot of low voltage lines broken or oxidizing either going into conduit or sometimes there is a junction box outside the house where it’s fed into the house.

Reactions: tb40
Very helpful, thank you both for your replies.

@Poolbreh - I ended up ordering a replacement 6 conductor RJ12 cable to eliminate the cable from the pool to the house (a long run, perhaps 50 feet) as the issue.

When I hook the inside remote control panel up to the outside panel, should it light up right away with some indicator lights etc? Or do I need to "reset" the outside panel, or turn the breakers on/off???

I would shut power off, take off inside control and hook it up directly to outside panel if you have enough wire to play with. I’ve experienced a lot of low voltage lines broken or oxidizing either going into conduit or sometimes there is a junction box outside the house where it’s fed into the house.
Thank you SO MUCH for your adivse on this issue, as soon as I hooked up the remote panel to the main outside panel using the brand new replacement cable, the panel fired right up, just like you said.

This prompted me to do a much more thorough inspection of the very long signal cable for the remote. Traced it up into the attic and low and behold CHEWED BY A MOUSE (which we had an issue with right when this happed).

Carefully rewired the cable and its fixed!

Reactions: Poolbreh
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.