Complaints of chlorine stinging eyes

There are I don't know how many members here with SWGs and CYA around 80. Many keep their FC on the higher side and I don't think there are many complaints about stinging eyes. My FC is usually between 7-10, sometimes higher. My son often swims under water with his eyes open, and mentioned many times how much better our water is compared to public pool water, no stinging eyes at all. He thought that our chlorine must be much lower compared to public pools because there is no chlorine smell. He was quite surprised when I told him that our chlorine is in fact higher compared to public pools.

To get back to the salt that was mentioned earlier: Aussie SWGs are designed to run at higher salt levels compared to most US models. Salt in my pool is usually 4000-5000 ppm, maybe that does have an effect. I don't have a benchmark to compare with.

Reactions: Saturn94
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.