Spring, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I have a Pentair easy touch control center and recently lost control of my pump(Intelliflow VS), lost most features in ScreenLogic, as well as no communication to my easy touch remote. This pointed to a bad control board, or so I thought, as did the Pentair tech support. However, I swapped in the new control board(PCB 520484) and still have the same issues. I can control all other things(lights, valves, salt cell, heater, etc) but the pump does not run. I can manually turn the pump on using the control pad on the pump. That display normally says it is disabled but doesn’t now for some reason. I replaced my antenna control board about 6 months ago, and it was working fine until this week.

I have ordered a new control cable for the pump, but still can’t figure out why my ScreenLogic and easy touch remote won’t work.

Anyone have any other ideas before I call someone to come troubleshoot further?

Thanks guys.

Josh

More likely one of your RS-495 devices is blocking the communication for all of them.

Disconnect all your RS-485 devices then connect one at a time and see if your EasyTouch works with one device - pump, remote, or ScreenLogic.

You have two RS-485 connectors so try both if a device does not work on one of them.

Let us know which devices work individually.

Reactions: Julpatperez
Josh,

To expand on what Allen points out above...

Our standard troubleshooting advice for your problem is to connect JUST the IntelliFlo pump to the J20 com port on the main card. Make sure nothing else is connected to J20...

Then with the system in AUTO and Pool, go look at the pump and see if the pump's display shows "Display not active." If it does, it means the pump and the main card are good. If it does not, then either the pump is bad or your new ET card is bad.

Please let us know what you find when you do this test.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Julpatperez
Thanks for that tip. After disconnecting all three devices and plugging them back in one at a time, I found the ScreenLogic2 PA to be the culprit. After I opened it up, I see a burnt trace on the board inside. My remote, and pump are working normally again. Time to order a new PA I guess.

Really appreciate the help.

Josh

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Josh,

Are you using the wireless links to connect the EasyTouch to the Protocol Adapter? Or was it hardwired??

Hardwire is like asking for a lightning strike.. Ask me how I know that... :mrgreen: I now use the wireless links..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
It is hardwired. And has been since 2012. Guess I’ve been lucky. Tell me more about the wireless links to connect the Protocol Adapter.

ScreenLogic can use the wireless links that come with the ScreenLogic kit P/N 522104. I did not initially use them as I thought it would just be something else to worry about. I was wrong... :(

My next-door neighbor took a direct lightning hit and I got what was left over. Came in on my hardwire and blew up the main ET card, the Surge card for the
SWCG, the Cell itself then blew up the Protocol adapter and then everything that was connected to the same switch as the adapter. Sigh!!!

Another air gap method is putting the Protocol Adapter inside the EasyTouch and then using a Wi-Fi device to talk with your home net-work. Marty can provide you what is needed... Calling @mknauss

Thanks,

Jim R.

To use a wireless Wi-Fi bridge, you have to put the PA in the ET box powered from your convenience outlet. Wire up the RS485 (be careful as you will have low voltage wire in high voltage area). Connect up and ready to go.

Reactions: jgdds
To use a wireless Wi-Fi bridge, you have to put the PA in the ET box powered from your convenience outlet. Wire up the RS485 (be careful as you will have low voltage wire in high voltage area). Connect up and ready to go.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to add an outlet in my box, as the builder did not install one when they put the box in. Looking at prices, the combo kit with PA and the wireless link system are only slightly more expensive than the PA alone. Not sure if I just had bad luck with the trace burning on this PA after 11 years, or if it was indeed due to a close proximity of a lightning strike. Ironically, I've replaced my ET remote antenna in the last year, possibly from the same culprit. Is it possible to just add a fusable pass through for the com wires going into the house to the PA?

You could power off a circuit breaker if you like.
But you are likely correct that the cost is not much different.

To be honest, at the cost of the PA with wireless link, I would consider upgrading to an Intellicenter. Not much more money and the wireless is built in, OTA up-gradable, etc.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.