Commercial blower on residential spa

Sigsourpool

Sep 14, 2023
Memphis
I’m getting a spa installed and was told that all residential blowers have a time limit, typically 30 minutes, then need to be off for 30 minutes. This seems absurd to me if you’re going to have a party and different people are in and out of the spa. I was told commercial blowers are made to operate continuously. Obviously the cost will be higher. Is there anything barring someone from using a commercial blower? Are they a lot louder? Are there any other negatives to this? Thank you in advance!

Welcome to TFP.

Ask whoever told you that residential blowers have a 30 minute limitation to show you that in writing by the manufacturer. I have never seen it.

Thanks for the response ajw22. I called Jandy tech support and was told the blower itself does not have a timer, however, when paired with automation the automation makes a 30 minute timer for your health. There is a work around by renaming the blower to some other name and it tricks the system into allowing continuous operation.
My pool builder was told by his rep that the Jandy blower was not made for more than 30 minute operation at a time. Doing so will shorten the life of the blower drastically. He has several customers who are going through second and third blowers in a short period of time because they have run them over the 30 minute window. This is the info I have gathered as of today. If the blower can’t handle over 30 minute operation I’d rather buy one that can as long as it will pair with automation. Or maybe I can just manually turn it on 🤷🏻‍♂️. Thanks again

I would get an Air Silencer blower.

It sounds like the Aqualink limits the blower runtime to 30 minutes regardless of the blower you have.

I am sure you can turn the blower on for as many 30 minute cycles as you want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.