Costa Rica
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello Folks. A few months ago I finished my pool and always wanting to experiment with automation, I pull the trigger on a Intellichem with CO2 system. Per recommendation on this forum I'm not using it for chlorine control but only for pH control. I'm not to concerned about the additional expense if I can add the convenience, and then again, I love to experiment with technology so I don't regret my decision. So far results have been great keeping my pH around 7.6 fairly consistent. However, in terms of finessing the configuration I have found no information neither from my PB, Pentair or on this forum, so I was thinking someone with the same or similar system could help me here. So here it goes:

I have a 50lb CO2 tank hooked up per Pentair instructions with the flowmeter including with the kit (see photo). One side reads cylinder pressure in psi and kPs and the other the flow of CO2 in Liters per minute (LPM) or Cubic Feet per Hour (CFH). Per my research is actually the type of flowmeter most used in TIG or MIG welding and is different from a regulator, which reads pressure in both dials. Although I know what the tank holds in pounds I have no idea how to convert that to atmospheric CFH.

Now, on the Intellichem I can program either time dispensing or set point dispensing, the former targeted for the specific pH desired. If I program as time dispensing I got a default of 1 min max dose with a max of 8 min a day (second picture). If I program as set point I got a default of 8 min a day maximum dosage with no limit on individual doses (third picture).

Two issues here. First, I get these defaults disrespective of pool size. So I can configure a theoretical pool of 30k gal or my actual pool of 18k and will get the same defaults. This does not seem right. On the other hand, I would imagine is different to have a dose of 1 min at 50 CFH than the same 1 min dose at 20 CFH, a difference in flow which Intellicenter is not aware of.

Currently I'm eyeballing the whole thing and I seem to be not too far off, but there should be a more scientific approach that I don't know about. Any help will be much appreciated.

M

Attachments

• IMG_2084.jpeg
    IMG_2084.jpeg
    462.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2083.jpeg
    IMG_2083.jpeg
    388.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2082.jpeg
    IMG_2082.jpeg
    449.9 KB · Views: 16
Glad it is working for you. Sadly it would do me no good as my TA would continue to increase due to our fill water being high in TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.