Cloudy water

I believe you are seeing just what I saw - dead algae accumulating on the bottom. It gets less and less as you go forward, and takes a while for it to settle back down after you brush it up and disperse it in the water. I think one of your issues is that your filter isn't very effective, so it is going to take it awhile to clear the suspended debris. (I think I remember seeing that you have a small cartridge filter - if that's not correct, disregard my last statement!)
It's an aqua Pro 200 sq 2hp cartridge filter.... I mean the return pressure on that thing seems very powerful... Take your hand off..... But like I said the filter is off to the side so when it goes thru the skimmer it runs about 12 feet of pipe and then it goes thru the filter then same thing going out

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You CAN do a SLAM while working. It does take a little longer. Try this on for size:

-morning after coffee started-test and dose
-after work after changing clothes-test and dose
-after dinner-test and dose
-right before bed-test and dose

Keep brushing and filtering. It will clear up in time. What color is the stuff on the bottom?

:kim:
I leave at 630 in the morning and come home about 9 p.m. so it will basically be once in the morning and maybe twice at night.... When I get home and before I go to bed

You can slam the pool at 6am and then when you get home from work. Don't make it harder than it has to be.

I leave at 630 in the morning and come home about 9 p.m. so it will basically be once in the morning and maybe twice at night.... When I get home and before I go to bed

That is a LONG day and good info to have. It can be done. It will take longer to get all the way through.

What in the world do you do to have such long hours? Oh wait.........is it better to ask about how far you have to drive? OUCH either way! :hug:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Slamming update:

Ok so after a week and a half of slamming my water is crystal clear but I'm still getting algea on the bottom or at least I think it is, although the rover vacuum has been picking up whatever it is which is great but it comes back the next morning which is baffling me. Does algea get picked up by vacuuming or does algea have to get scrubbed up.... Mind you my vacuum doesn't have scrubbers on the bottom so it's coming up on its own?

Do you have a manual vacuum?
ac7b8cb891ad2d44142b94f097cd4298.jpg
it's an aquabot rover

Okay then. Just keep after it.

When you brush it, it will come back because all you are doing is stirring it up. Then it eventually settles back down. A pool cleaner can do the same thing, but at least catches some of it. I was just thinking that you might just be recycling the same gunk and a vacuum would determine if it's recycled gunk or new gunk.

Have you tried an OCLT yet? If the water is crystal clear, it is time to try that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.