Cloudy water

It's the pucks that did it to ya. With your CYA so high, it makes daily upkeep difficult. In a proper TFPC pool, you should never see any algae ever. Those times, before the SLAM, were a signal of bad things to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you post some pics? There may be something we're missing.

9d8c81f1e38ef98617676f1320ea8c41.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

A ha!! Does the return have a directional nozzle on it? If so, it needs to be pointed down and away from the skimmer. Other wise all that's happening is the water is going out and right back in. Not getting good circulation in the pool is the number 1 reason for algae to keep returning if you are doing all else correctly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you seeing algae growth, or dead algae accumulating on the bottom (which you would expect to see, early in the slam.)

A ha!! Does the return have a directional nozzle on it? If so, it needs to be pointed down and away from the skimmer. Other wise all that's happening is the water is going out and right back in. Not getting good circulation in the pool is the number 1 reason for algae to keep returning if you are doing all else correctly.
3cdb374b26541d34ba8b3ce1de416ddf.jpg

ecaa319ea451a3c8945917be7cbc821d.jpg
I have my filter set away from the pool, so I got about 12 ft of pipe from where the water comes in to the filter then goes back out....I know that take away water pressure, but the pressure that is coming out is very solid.... Take your hand off that's how good the pressure is

How long have you been doing the SLAM? When I did mine, it took several days before the dead stuff stopped appearing on the bottom.

Brush it as often as possible - at least once a day. Twice is better, if you can.

I have been slamming for 4 days now, I don't know if it is dead algea or not, my vacuum didn't really pick it up, I brushed it this morning..... The thing is with me going back to work I'm not gonna be able to really slam it anymore cause I'm not home during the week to keep the chlorine level at 30 or so

You CAN do a SLAM while working. It does take a little longer. Try this on for size:

-morning after coffee started-test and dose
-after work after changing clothes-test and dose
-after dinner-test and dose
-right before bed-test and dose

Keep brushing and filtering. It will clear up in time. What color is the stuff on the bottom?

:kim:

I believe you are seeing just what I saw - dead algae accumulating on the bottom. It gets less and less as you go forward, and takes a while for it to settle back down after you brush it up and disperse it in the water. I think one of your issues is that your filter isn't very effective, so it is going to take it awhile to clear the suspended debris. (I think I remember seeing that you have a small cartridge filter - if that's not correct, disregard my last statement!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.