Cloudy water - what to do?

Opinions,suggestions. Now what i still dont ge it is the 26 FC if is good or bad? I think was mess up my water was the clorox xtrablue tablets and the clorox shock. As long i only use chlorine or leslies tablets during summer. Next im planning go into the swg way.
Great job on the testing. You will get more confident as you continue to test every other day or so.
Remember that your CYA is in decade numbers - 30, 40, 50 etc. You cannot interpret the in between lines as it is a log arithmetic scale. So according to the FC/CYA Levels at CYA of 40 your FC should target between 5-7ppm. So just let your FC level come down over time but I would still test every 2nd day or so.
Also, did you download the PoolMath app? Once you set it up for your pool and you input your test results, it will provide you the recommended levels and guide you on adjustments. It is a great way to track your progress. Also, as you use different strengths of bleach or tablets, you can see the potential effect of those. Well worth the $8 annual cost.
Obviously, you can still come to the forum and request help such as what @kimkats has provided to you as what to do first and what to focus on now but the app will help you see how those recommendations affect your pool chemistry.

I have the app and is a great tool,i will paid the $8. Im staying in this forum, i need to learn a lot more from all in here. Thanks Herman Texas for your help on the test kit. I follow all the steps and go it done.

Reactions: kimkats
HI Alexis!! Welcome to TFP! Sorry to hear your water is cloudy. You sure have come to the right place to get it clear again!!! I have some light reading for you to get you set up learning how to properly care for your pool. Here is a link to get you started:

To REALLY properly care for your pool you need your own test kit. Here is a link to show you want kits we use: Test Kits Compared

I can hear you now............"But Kim the pool store will test it for free". But is it REALLY free? Look up how much the stuff they want you to buy will cost you IF you bought it from the pool store. Now look at this link: Recommended Pool Chemicals - Trouble Free Pool notice that this stuff can be bought at Target, Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot!!! How neat is that??? AND it is a LOT cheaper from these places!!!

Now go find some liquid chlorine to add to your pool each day until your test kit gets there.
Pinch-a-penny has a seemingly neat Liquid Chlorine program that they sell. They fill it onsite. I wish I had one closer

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.