Cloudy water.....good to swim? :)

It changed now to 4 gallons, but a warning it is outside the range. And why was my target only 3? Why such a high target? Assumption that it will burn some off?

Last edited by a moderator:
It will determine how long chlorine lasts in your pool. Depending on the result we may have two next steps.

Add it. Run pump for 30 minutes. Retest. Post result

It will determine how long chlorine lasts in your pool. Depending on the result we may have two next steps.

Add it. Run pump for 30 minutes. Retest. Post result
I'll add the other 81oz I have right now. Let it run, and I have to run out to get more. Then I will add the rest up to a total of 4gal. Run 30mins... then retest. Sound good?

(He’s having you test to make sure you don’t have a bacteria in your pool that creates ammonia from the CYA in the pool. If you add to 10ppm and it disappears rapidly, you could have that ammonia in the pool, and that will require a bit of FC to burn through. If you hold the 10ppm of FC, or close, then no ammonia and you are set to add CYA. Adding before you check could end up making the bacteria convert the new CYA to ammonia requiring even more FC to burn through it.)

Edit: never mind, you have a CYA amount on the test. I’m wrong. ^.^

What kind of bleach are you adding? Stronger stuff meant for pools (10% or 12.5%) is recommended. Hard to find plain bleach these days without additives that can cause foaming, etc.

Last edited:
Ahhh..thnx for that. I didn't realize that. It's just plain clorox no other stuff added. 7.5%

Attachments

• 20230528_160804.jpg
    20230528_160804.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 16
Do not use clorox! Or anything else with fragrance, splashless, softener nothing.

Walmart has LIQUID CHLORINE for about $5.50 in 10%. Big box also carries it...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Please do not use Clorox, the clouding and foaming is problematic and will cause you to use more chlorine to clear it. Will extend the time and cost to clear the pool.

Do not use clorox! Or anything else with fragrance, splashless, softener nothing.

Walmart has LIQUID CHLORINE for about $5.50 in 10%. Big box also carries it...
This is fragrance free, and not splashes... just straight up liquid bleach as far as I could tell. But it's what I had, bought and used. Unfortunately, I didn't know better. Hope it works because I just dumped about 4 gallons in in total. 🤞🤞

Never did this bleach thing before, and last year after my clean fill, everything just snapped in to equilibrium, so for me all this is uncharted territory.

I'll keep tabs on this for a bit, and them maybe tomorrow morning retest everything and see where we are at?

Really appreciate everyone's help and patience in helping me.

1685308356629.png

Polymers. Don't use it.

This is what I want you to do tonight. This will tell us if your cloudiness is due to algae, and next steps:

Attachments

• 1685308413986.png
    1685308413986.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.