Cloudy-ish water despite good numbers and little algae

Well, that's a little puzzling. A typical pool with a CYA of 50, would lose 1.5-2.0 ppm (roughly) so your loss is a bit excessive. Are you still using 6 ppm to 9 ppm as your daily range? Is your water still a bit cloudy? Got a pic?

Reactions: nabril15
Dave
The water looks immaculately clear. Yes, I am using 9 as my target FC whenever I go to add chlorine, which is as close to daily as my 2 jobs will allow.

Did anyone ask yet...is your pool painted?
My first house/pool was painted a few years before I bought it.
It would rub off the paint every time I brushed and get a little cloudy....because of the paint wearing off.

I just thought with all the brushing you do, maybe it is related.

Reactions: nabril15
I have to clarify and apologize.
The title of the thread is from an issue that I had back in January. Since then, the pool has gone through slams and other issues. I finished my last SLAM with this thread, and I've used it a couple of times to ask general questions (as I did yesterday) that are unrelated to a cloudy pool.

Actually, please keep the thread right here. Starting another thread almost always leads to more confusion.

So, if you have a pool with CYA 50 and crystal clear water and a successful OCLT, you should be in "maintenance mode" I know the FC/CYA chart suggests 6 - 8 ppm of FC but I would like to see you reduce that down to 4-6 ppm if you would like to control your daily burn at around 2 ppm FC.

If you don't really care about the 1 ppm savings (that's really pretty minor), I would suggest you keep doing what you are doing and go swimming!:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.